o. prologue

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘻𝘦𝘳𝘰: 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴

↳                                                                                   ↲

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     THE SOUND OF WOLVES howling is all that I can hear, but then my Human ears pick up the smaller sounds. There are footsteps and snarls and the sound of pained whimpers accompanying the howling, and it scares me like nothing else.

     The Wolf I love is where ever that fighting is happening, and so are my friends. I feel my heart start to pound faster with fear and that's eventually all I can hear. My pulse races like never before and I feel sick to my stomach, the pounding not exactly helping that fact.

     Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

     The sound of my pounding heart blocks everything else out and it's all I can focus on, my breathing becoming irregular and my vision starting to blur. Someone moves into my line of vision and all I can make out is their bright blue eyes. A whimper escapes my mouth and I stagger towards the blue-eyed person.

     "What are you doing," the blue-eyed person hisses, their eyes widening. "You shouldn't be out here! You're still healing and you could die out here! This is no place for a human."

     I stare at the person. "Where is he, Peter?"

     "Stiles."

     "Where is Derek?"

     Peter's eyes fly wide and he falls to his knees, his mouth open in a silent gasp. I cry out and try to run from whatever hurt Peter. My foot catches on something and I fall to the ground, smashing my head on something hard and making my head scream in pain. I look up into a pair of golden eyes and that is the last thing I see before I pass out.