I looked over at Dylan and he was silently laughing and it was making me laugh too, but I made sure not to make any noise. It seems I'm the only one to get in trouble in this class.

As class progressed, I made sure she didn't hear a sound from me 'cause I didn't want to spend two hours of my life sitting in a room with a bunch of kids. She passed out a worksheet for us to do independently and it'd be the last thing we do today.

I got my paper and wrote my name and the date at the top before beginning. I was working on it and everything was fine until I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I knew it wasn't Dylan 'cause he sits on my right.

Just my luck. It was Jace, the captain of the football team and one of the guys that would constantly bully me.

"What do you want, Jace?" I whispered, not hiding my annoyance.

"The usual nerd that gives me answers isn't here today so I need you to give them to me." He said.

I looked at the front and saw the teacher typing away at her computer. I turned back to him. "No, it's supposed to be independent. I know your great, jock brain probably can't comprehend what that means, but it means you have to do it by yourself." He's not so much of a problem as he used to be. Before, I was a weak idiot but now I'm slightly stronger and don't succumb to people like him as easily.

"Oh c'mon, at least the first ten?" He asked.

"I said no." I whispered harshly.

"Look who's trying to show they have a backbone." He chuckled. "But I think we both know you're just putting up a front."

"Why don't you just leave me the fuck alone, Jace?" I asked rather loudly.

"Avery!" My teacher exclaimed. Everyone in the room turned towards me and at that moment I wanted to disappear. "I do not tolerate that sort of language in my classroom. You've guaranteed yourself detention this afternoon with Mr. Smith."

I sunk into my seat. "Great." I muttered.

When class finally ended, everyone took their sheets to her desk before walking out the door. When it was my turn to give her my paper, she handed me my detention slip in return.

"All the information you need is on the slip. You are to go there right after the bell rings and he keeps a list so don't even think about skipping." She said.

"Whatever." I mumbled, leaving the room.

"I'm sorry about you getting detention." Dylan said once he caught up with me in the hall.

"It's not your fault," I said, "it's Jace's. He was being an annoying asshole."

"Well I caused her to get on you the first time and I feel bad."

"It's okay, Dylan, really." I chuckled. "It's not like I had anything to do after school anyway."

Except to talk to Luke. Fuck, I forgot about that.

I'll just have to tell him we'll have to talk another time. I don't know when I'll get that opportunity though since we can't really get together without Ashton and Brooke getting upset.

Well Ash doesn't get as upset as Brooke. I wouldn't use upset to describe how he acts, really. He's just curious about what we talk about but he doesn't get angry like Brooke does.

I don't know what I did to make her not like me all of a sudden. Ever since she was extremely rude to me at that party, I haven't talked to her. I don't know if she was just super hormonal at the moment or what but I decided staying away was probably the best thing to do.