35. Christmas

I woke up feeling extremely jolly. It's freaking Christmas and I get to spend it with one of my favorite people in the world. And also one of my least favorite but I'm not gonna get into that because he's not gonna ruin my holiday. My dad isn't here so there's even less negative energy coming my way. If need be, I can avoid Luke the entire party and just enjoy myself.

I got out of bed and went to shower to get ready for the day. Ashton would be over to get me some time after noon and I still had to wrap the gifts I bought and go over to Dylan's to give him his present and spend some time with him and his family.

I examined myself in the mirror before heading downstairs. I grabbed wrapping paper and a gift bag and headed to the living room to wrap the presents and bag Michael's. After I was done, I put them all by the door, except Dylan's, and left my house to walk to his. I'd either get home before Ashton came to get me or have him pick me up from Dylan's and stop by my house to grab the other gifts.

I arrived at his house and knocked on the door. He answered and greeted me with a warm smile.

"Merry Christmas, Avery." He smiled as he hugged me.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled. I walked inside and he closed the door behind me. "This is for you." I handed him his gift and ventured further into his home.

"Avery!" A voice called and I then felt a pair of arms and legs wrap around my legs.

"Merry Christmas, Jamie." I chuckled as she let go of me to properly hug me. I loved his little sister as if she was my own. Her adorable pig tails and big smile was enough to make anyone love her.

"I thought I heard you." His mother, Lynn, beamed as she came towards me with her arms open. She brought me into her as I wrapped my arms around her also in a tight hug.

"Merry Christmas, Lynn." I smiled as I pulled away.

"Merry Christmas, Avery. Will you be staying for dinner?" She asked.

"No, sorry. I'm going to a Christmas party with my boyfriend." Being able to refer to Ashton as my boyfriend will forever cause butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"Boyfriend?" She raised an eyebrow. "Who's the lucky guy?" She asked.

"His name is Ashton and he's the most amazing guy. He's sweet, romantic, talented, funny, and so freaking cute."  I could've gone on and on about how great he is.

"Well he sounds amazing." She chuckled. "And he obviously makes you happy."

"Yeah." I nodded with a smile.

I had a ton of fun at Dylan's. His father came downstairs after a while and we spoke, I played with Jamie, and Dylan and I had a bit of time to talk. I told him about my first date with Ashton and he seemed to approve.

"He's definitely an improvement." He said. "Luke wouldn't have done anything like that."

"The relationship was also fake." I reminded him and rolled over on his bed.

"But you treated it as if it was real." He pointed out.

"Yeah well...shut up." I laughed. "Not in the beginning, I hated him then."

"Do you hate him now?" He asked.

I guess that is the question, do I hate him or not. It's like I'm supposed to because I'm sure he hates me after those things I said days ago. But I don't feel like I hate him, I still love him. He still creeps into my thoughts when only Ashton should be on my mind. Even after everything we said, I don't hate him and I don't think I ever will. He holds too special of a place in my heart.