Chapter 22 1 Month Later

**Amara**
Long time no see everyone. What y'all been up too, well I'm fine I guess, I'm going to physical therapy for my leg and been back to back to doctor appointment's for my chest and abdomen but I'm about finished though. I know everyone mad at me for doing what I did but I just couldn't let him go out like that, yea I was pregnant trust me losing a child wasn't part of what I thought would happen but shit happens I guess. Reggie was sentenced to 15 years and kayla was sentenced to 4 years with the accessory to the fact. Mama and I haven't been getting along, she is moving with Andre to New York. My uncle and Grandma are in town and of course they want to take me back to Chicago but I'm not going. Lately Andre has been a ass to me he keep treating me like I'm his child he told me if I don't accept her moving he will make sure she leaves without me I don't care to be honest. Right now Ty and I was in living room chilling just cuddling on the couch.

Uncle-Ant-"Get your arm from around her"

We sat up.

Amara-"what's up uncle Ant"

Uncle-Ant-"Listen we are taking you back to Chicago"

Amara-"No you not. I am seventeen years old I can choose where I can stay. I'm sick of hearing about it"

Uncle Ant-"Where you going to stay"

Ty looked at me

TY-"My grandmother already said Amara can move in she don't mind"

Uncle-Ant-"But your mother told me he was the reason for you getting hurt"

I put my hand up in his face.

Amara-"I'm so tired of hearing about her. Y'all love taking her side. Did she tell y'all my father molested me when I was younger and she knew but she told me not to tell. Did she tell you that she watched me get beat and didn't say nothing. Did she tell you she didn't come see until it was time to pull the plug. Did she tell you she has been putting a man before me. I got shot because it was my decision it wasn't Tyreke fault. I'm done with this family shit. I am done okay I don't care if I became homeless I wouldn't want y'all bastards to help me with nothing. All y'all do is control me. Y'all wanted me to be me right? so now that I'm doing me it's a problem backward ass people. Tyreke and my friends have been there for me more than you,grandma and mama have so don't try to act like you care. I lost my child and nobody has acknowledged that I know it's my fault but when were you going to say something. Tyreke has been by my side the whole time since day one. I'm staying with Tyreke hell he is the only one taking care of me anyway since I've been out the hospital"

I guess my uncle didn't know how to react to what I said because I said a mouthful and spoke nothing but facts . I grabbes my crutches and got up off the couch going to my room. Mama was coming down stairs with suitcases I shook my head and laughed

Amara-"Don't worry "Mama" I got a couple of words for you too and it's coming soon"

I got to my room and sat on the bed. The first thing I see was a lighter on the nightstand I grabbed it

TY-"Amara drop it"

I put it down and sighed. At this point I'm not focusing on nothing but my life well trying to anyways. Ty sat beside me and kissed my temple

TY-"I'm proud you"

Amara-"Why?"

Ty-"You finally spoke your mind about what you wanted and how you really felt. Listen can I ask you something"

I smiled and looked at him

Amara-"Sure"

Ty-"Why didn't you tell me?"