Chapter 13: Stars

//I THANK THE LA LA LAND SOUNDTRACK FOR INSPIRING ME YAY I WAS IN WRITERS BLOCK UP UNTIL I SAW THAT MOVIE AND REPEATEDLY LISTENED TO THE SOUNDTRACK SO UH... THIS IS LOOSELY INFLUENCED BY LA LA LAND BC MUSIC IS THE ONLY THING THAT INSPIRES ME EVER AND I GOT THIS IMAGE FROM LISTENING TO THE SOUNDTRACK AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN//

Leon smiled. He stared at Emil for a while. They just so happened to be in Starbucks. Who doesn't like Starbucks? Yong-Soo had found some people to flirt with while Emil drank his coffee. Suddenly, Leon whispered, "Em, we should ditch Yong-Soo. He won't even know we're gone."

"Really? Are you sure?" Emil looked adorable with his head cocked to the side, skeptical about whether to go.

"Totally. I wanna show you something." And with that, Leon grabbed Emil's hand and dashed out of the Starbucks. Emil's face flushed red and his coffee just about spilled, but all the while, he had a smile on his face.

"Where are we going?" He asked, mystified and looking around in wonder.

"Just a little place. I heard you like astronomy, right?"

"Yeah!" Emil looked over at Leon, interested.

"Well, come with me. I know a guy." Leon ducked into an alleyway and walked straight through it. Emil couldn't look up at Leon without smiling. He dashed behind the shorter one whilst hand-in-hand. They ran through the city while laughing and grinning from ear to ear. Then, they came up to a hill. It was tall and grassy. It was filled with trees, and stairs made of large stones led up to the top. Leon walked on one side of the rail while Emil walked on the other, their hands still interlocked. They looked up at each other's eyes.

Emil was confused.

Just a moment ago, Leon was the most annoying person in his life, and now, now he was enjoying being by him. Why did Emil even bother being friends with Leon if he annoyed him? Emil really didn't know. There was something about Leon that brought him back, that made him want to be with him, and right now he felt happier than he'd ever felt in his life, he didn't understand what was happening, but he had a feeling, though he didn't want to admit it, it was love.

They finally got to the top of the hill where a shed was placed. Leon pulled some keys out of his pocket and unlocked it. Leon went in and pulled out a blanket. He lay it on the ground. It had red stripes a white background. He looked over at Emil.

"Just wait until you see this. Close your eyes."

"And why should I?" Emil asked teasingly.

Leon giggled, "Just do it."

Emil shut his eyes and waited eagerly as Leon set up his telescope. He had pulled it out of the shed set it in front of Emil. Leon had set up a gas lamp and was pleased to find that the ice cream in the freezer hadn't expired.

"Alright, Em. Open your eyes."

Emil's eyes opened and a grin was immediately plastered on his face.

"Leon! H-How did you-?"

"I'm the guy. I built the little shed up here with my siblings when we were younger. We found the clearing and built. We own this property because uh... Check it out." Leon pointed to a sign just barely readable through the trees that said "Kiku's" on it. "I come up here a lot. Our dad installed the electrical stuff so I could put my freezer in here. You'd better believe I restock that fridge a lot."

"Are you the only one who comes up here anymore out of the siblings?"

"Nah. Mei comes up every-once-and-a-while. Yong-Soo sometimes comes just to steal ice cream. Seung-Jae only likes to look at the stars with the telescope. Our other sister, Lin, comes up here sometimes for... reasons... very depressing reasons." Leon's face saddened.

"What reasons?"

"I'll tell you some other day, okay? Anyway, I'm here the most. I like to get lunch and come up here to think. I'm thinking about building another little building to read in or play music or something... But anyway! Take a look!" Leon motioned towards the telescope.

Emil peeked through and his expression went from happy to overjoyed. He smiled so bright, it would put the stars he saw to shame. Leon watched him with admiration. Once Emil was finished, he sat next to Leon as they stared at the sky. They must have sat there forever talking.

"Do you think you'll ever find love, Leon?" Emil asked, looking over.

"Well, I do like someone. I'm not sure if he likes me back..." Leon sighed.

"I like someone, I think he likes me back, but I dunno." Emil felt his face getting hot. His thoughts began to take over.

"Tell him you idiot!!" They told him. "Just kiss him already!!!"

And so he did. As he and Leon looked at each other, they slowly got closer and closer until their lips met. When they both parted they smiled. Emil's blush had gotten worse, and he felt odd, but what did that matter?

As long as he was with Leon, he was happy.