Chapter 7: Sushi

Leon waved at the hostess, "Yo, Mei!  Come here! I want you to meet my friend, Emil."

A girl with hair and eyes a similar shade to Leon's with a flower pinned in her hair and a huge smile plastered across her face looked up. "Oh, Li! This is Emil? He's cuter than I thought!" She ran right over and shook Emil's hand. "Table for two?"

"Table for two," Leon replied with a smile.

"Alrighty! Follow me!" Mei led them through the crowded restaurant to a table in the back next to a window that looked down onto the river that ran through town. "Your server will be here right away!" Mei said. "It was great to meet you, Emil!" She skipped off.

"Who was that?" Emil asked.

"That was my sister, Mei. My family owns this restaurant. My older brother Kiku started it. Practically me and my whole family works here except Yao. Yao is my dad," Leon replied. "I only work here during the summer and on Fridays and Saturdays."

"Oh. Alrighty then," Emil replied, kinda confused.

"But I'm just a waiter," Leon added.

"Better than nothing. At least you get paid," Emil replied and giggled a bit.

"Yup. I get paid a bunch too especially since this place is really freaking fancy," Leon replied. Emil looked down at his outfit. Then looked around. Girls were in prom-worthy dresses. Some looked like they were about to meet the queen. Men wore suits and ties and their hair was slicked or just plain styled nicely. Practically everyone looked like they were going to meet royalty or a celebrity or something.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Leon smiled. "So, Emil. Tell me about yourself."

"Why?"

"Because, we're friends aren't we?"

"Sure..."

"Here, I'll ask you some questions to start you up. Are you from around here? You know, the Boston area?" Leon asked. "I'm not."

"Oh, where are you from?"

"Well I'm technically from Hong Kong. I moved to England in 4th grade and moved here in my freshman year. The states are pretty nice I guess."  Leon sighed. "Nothing beats Hong Kong though."

"Really?"

"Yup.  What about you?  Are you from here?" Leon asked.

"Oh, I'm from Norway.  I used to live there with my older brother, Lukas.  His boyfriend, Matthias, and a couple of our roommates, moved here for a job.  Lukas followed after so I did too..." Emil looked away. "I have to drive the six hours to Maine to get anything close to what it was like there without using a passport..."

"That sucks.  You really don't like it here, do you?" Leon replied.

"Nah.  I'm just homesick." Emil replied.

"At least you're with your family.  One day, Yao got sick, well, that's what the told me. He didn't actually. A man named Arthur took me to England and I didn't see Mei or any of my other siblings for years," He frowned a bit. "Some days they say I never even smiled once while I was away."

"Oh... That must've been hard..."

"Oh, trust me it was. I think the next time I smiled was when I saw you," He smiled.

"Oh, you're so flattering..."

"It's true!" Leon flipped his hair and smiled triumphantly.

"Great..." Emil sighed. One minute he thought Leon was the greatest thing since sliced bread and another he thought he was really freaking annoying.

Leon sighed, "Maybe someday I'll get a boyfriend..." He winked.

HE WINKED?!