Chapter 6: Evening

Emil ran out of his history class, grabbed his violin, and sprinted out to the school entrance.  Lukas wasn't there, so Emil just kept running home.  He was almost smiling out of happiness from the realization that he actually had friends (Well, he had a few, but not really...) The walk home was better than ever.  He felt like the sun was shining directly on him.

Was he in love? 

Nope.

Not in one million years.

He skipped into  the house and shut the door.  

"Hey, Em!" Tino yelled from the kitchen. "Lukas is out with his friends. I made us a snack!"

Just a little bit about Tino: Emil and Lukas go to the town's public high school. Tino is a grade older than Emil, but he goes to a private art school for winning a painting competition he entered a few years back that offered scholarships. They got off school way earlier than Lukas and Emil and it was already summer for him. Tino, though being the second youngest in the family, was almost like a parental figure.

Emil smiled as sweetly as possible, "Can I please go to a sushi restaurant with my friend Leon today?"

"Ooh! Is it a date?" Tino smiled and giggled.

"N-No! Of course not!" Emil stuttered and turned bright red. "T-Tino!!!!"

"S-Sorry Emil!"

"Whatever, Tino." Emil sighed and walked out of the kitchen. He turned right back around. "Wait was that a yes or a no?"

"What would Lukas say?" Tino asked. Why the heck was it always Lukas?

"I dunno... I just wanna go..." Emil said with a fake sadness in his voice.

"Oh, alright!" Tino smiled. "Go ahead!"

Emil did a little victory dance as he skipped out of the room.

~~~

6:30. Perfect. Emil had changed out of his uniform into something a bit more comfortable, but classier than his usual style.

Then he realized something: Leon didn't tell him the name of the restaurant! He sighed. Matthias knew all the restaurants in town. Maybe he would know?

Emil ran downstairs as quickly as he could straight into the living room. "Matthias! Matthias!"

"Yeah, little dude?" Matthias smiled and pat Emil on the head.  Emil twitched a bit.

"What are the sushi restaurants around here?  Like, what's the closest?"  Emil asked.

"Closest?  The closest one is the only one in town! Besides, since when did you like sushi?"

"Oh, I've never been.  My friend Leon invited me."

"Like a date?"

"N-No!!!"

"Oh."

Emil looked up directions on his phone.  He checked the time. 6:45.  Fifteen minutes to run all the ways there.  He sprinted out the door as fast as he could when he came upon a large building with Christmas lights around it.  A sign next to it said, "Kiku's".  Here he was.  The restaurant he was invited to.

At 7:10.  

Emil made sure to sprint right inside as fast as he could.  He looked around for Leon when he realized everyone and everything in here was so fancy.

Well shoot.  This was a fancy place and here Emil was in jeans and a t-shirt.  Of course this was classy for him as he usually wore baggy sweatshirts and sweatpants.  

Leon was sitting in a chair in the waiting area.  He wore a black sweater vest over a white shirt and a blue bow tie. 

This was really fucking fancy.

Leon's face curved into a grin. "Hey, Em."

"H-Hi, Leon..." Emil said, obviously embarrassed that he wasn't wearing much nice.

Hopefully this wouldn't be a long night...