42. Brandon Saad (Columbus Blue Jackets #20)

This was requested by NHLgirl22 and she requested "Brandon Saad where he's sick and I take care of him. He's clingy and grumpy when he's sick" I am sorry it took so long as you requested this in November. 

I hope you enjoy though!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Saad

Y/N hadn't heard anything from her boyfriend all day which was very unusual and so she decides to visit his apartment to see if he was alright. When she enters the house it is quiet but the lights are on. She treks down the hall to his bedroom and finds Brandon hunched over a waste basket. Y/N walks to him and sits down behind him rubbing his back softly. Brandon's body was shivering involuntarily.
"My poor baby." She whispers in his ear and he slumps back against her.
"What are you doing here?" Brandon croaks out breathing a little jagged. She feels his forehead and it's clammy and hot.
"I came to see why I hadn't heard from you baby." She cooes rubbing his little tummy. He tries to get out of her grasp half heartedly. "Uh uh baby. Let me take care of you."
"You're gonna get sick, I don't want you to get sick." He croaks trying to pull away from Y/N.
"I won't get sick baby boy. You need to relax or you're not going to get better."
"Will so, just need to get out of bed."
"The only time you're getting out of this bed is to go to the bathroom or to move onto the couch. If I have to stay here and babysit you because you're being stubborn I will. Brandon, you need to relax and not do anything."
"Fine.." He drags out a long breath.
"Alright you sick little baby, up with me!" She gets under the covers and Brandon reluctantly gives into her. "That's a good boy."
"I'm sick, I'm not a dog Y/N."
"No but you're a cute little puppy boy who did exactly what I wanted of him." He rolls his eyes but continues to let Y/N hold him.
"No I'm not cute." He huffs.
"Oh honey, but you are."
"So, when do you think I can get out and get ready for hockey?" He asks hoping she'll let him go.
"You're not going. Not when your like this."
"I'm fine come on."
"Fine, go and do jumping jacks at the foot of the bed and then tell me how you feel." He gulps but nods and gets out of bed. Brandon starts to do jumping jacks and Y/N smirks as she can see him start to go a little green. He stops and then makes a b-line for the bucket. She shakes her head and rubs his back. "You're okay, Brandon. I've got you, shhhh you're okay love." When he's finally finished he slumps back against Y/N with a pant and she feels his forehead. "Oh yeah, definitely sick."
"Not sick." He mumbles.
"Okay okay big boy. Whatever you say, come on let's get you something." She says standing up but Brandon latches onto her waist and pulls her back down.
"Don't go." He whispers his eyes closing. She sinks back into the bed and he collapses on her.
"Are you gonna rest baby?" He grumbles but nods.
"Yes."
"Good." She pulls the blanket over him and he smiles sinking further into her warm body.
"Can you rub my back?" He asks quietly.
"Of course baby." She rubs her hand up and down his back and he moans softly. "I love you." She kisses his head and Brandon slowly falls asleep. 
When Brandon wakes up Y/N isn't in bed with him and so he looks around in confusion. He wraps a blanket around himself and pads into the kitchen where he finds Y/N heating up some soup. Y/N turns around and looks startled when she notices him standing there.
"AW baby, what are you doing up?" She asks reaching over to feel his forehead.
"I woke up and you weren't there." He pouts and Y/N can't resist running her fingers through his hair. He wraps his arms around her and tightly squeezes.
"I made you some soup if you want it." She smiles as he buries his head in her neck.
"Thank you baby." Brandon whispers.
"Would you like to go back to bed or stay up?"
"Can we go back to bed? I'm not tired but I don't want to stay up."
"Of course," she smiles. "Go back to bed and I'll be back with your soup."
"Come with me." He whines.
"Baby, I'll be there in a moment. I need to grab your soup from the microwave and then I'll be up."
"I'm waiting with you." He pouts standing his ground. Y/N sighs and grabs the soup from the microwave as well as a spoon.
"Let's go Bran," she motions with the spoon for him to go up the stairs. He goes first and when he gets to his room he flops down on the bed diagonally. Y/N laughs setting the soup down on the beside table.
"Okay, I need you to move. Come on, let's go!"
"I don't want to!" He whines and Y/N isn't having any of that so she moves him herself so he's laying on his side of the bed.
"That's better," she sits against the headboard and grabs the soup. "Sit up please." Brandon groans but reluctantly does as he's told. She hands him his soup and he starts eating it gratefully.
"I love you." He smiles at her and she smiles back.
"I love you too baby."
"Feeling better?"
"A little, I want more sleep and cuddles though."
"I thought you weren't tired?" He yawns and shrugs.
"I guess I lied." 
"That's alright baby. I understand." Once he finishes his soup he rests his head on Y/N's chest and the two of them together fall asleep in each other's embrace.