9. Zach Fucale (St. John's IceCaps #31)

So this was supposed to be done for Monday but I got side tracked. Basically this is one where he comes over to meet your family on thanksgiving.
---------------------------
"Mom! Would you like any help?" I ask her as her and my aunts help my grandma make thanksgiving dinner.
"No love, it's alright. You go and talk with some of your cousins," she smiles.
"Thanks mom! You're the best," I kiss her cheek and walk outside to where my cousin and her boyfriend were.
"Hey Y/N, where's Zach?" She asks.
"He had hockey, he wanted to be here but he couldn't," I say checking my phone to see if he had texted me.
"Aww that's too bad, I would've loved to meet him,"
"It would have been pretty cool to meet a goalie like him," her boyfriend Eric says.
"Yeah, everyone would've put him through the wringer that's for sure,"
"Oh yeah, there's fresh meat. What else is there to do?" She asks laughing.
"We can be tough on our families boyfriends and girlfriends,"
"Exactly, so how's school going?"
"It's going great! This semesters really easy but next will be hard,"
"Oh I bet! See mine is the opposite, this one is hard but next one is easy,"
"Oh crappy, what do you have?" I sit down beside Jessie and have a nice long talk with her and Eric. After a while I notice people staring at something behind me. I turn around and there is Zach sitting there looking at me with a soft smile.
"Zach! I thought you weren't coming!" I squeal standing up to go and hug him. He stands up as well and embraces me.
"I lied, well coach lied but whatever I knew how much this meant to you so I made sure to be here," he says kissing my forehead.
"I'm so happy you're here, this is Jessie and her boyfriend Eric. Jessie, Eric this is my boyfriend Zach," I introduce everyone.
"Nice to meet you both," Zach says shaking Eric and Jessie's hands.
"You as well. You know we take meeting boyfriends really seriously around here. Don't we Eric?" Jessie says wrapping her arm around Eric.
"Oh yeah, this is my first time coming here but it's not too bad,"
"Well I hope everyone likes me," Zach admits.
"Oh they will, trust me. Come on," I take his hand and lead him into the house. My aunt Carla gives me a hug.
"Y/N! How are you? Who's this?" She asks giving Zach a hug.
"This is my boyfriend Zach. Zach this is my aunt Carla," he hugs her back.
"It's a pleasure to meet you," my uncle John sitting from his seat yells to us.
"Hey aren't you the goalie from the world juniors Zachary Fucale?" He asks.
"Why yes sir I am. Pleasure to meet you," Zach says smiling. I grab his hand giving it a squeeze.
"I'm a big fan of yours son. Come over here and take a seat," Zach walks over to uncle John and sits down beside him. I smile and help aunt Carla make some salad.
"Uncle John seems to like him," she whispers as we watch the two of them interact.
"Yeah, thank god. I was worried they wouldn't like him,"
"Why?"
"I don't know it's silly,"
"We love him because you love him and he loves you,"
"Really?"
"Yes," she assures me. Zach looks over at me and smiles. I smile back before turning to face my aunt. She smiles and takes the salad from me.
"Go hang out with everyone. I'll call you when dinners ready,"
"Thank you," I walk outside and my little cousin Kayla pulls me to the trampoline.
"Jump with us!" I slip off my shoes and hop onto the trampoline with them. We play wink murderer and other games before we were told to come in for dinner.
"So I think your uncle likes me," Zach whispers coming up behind me. I jump in surprise.
"Really? That's great, I'm so happy for you,"
"Yeah, at least I know someone likes me in your family,"
"A lot of them like you, Jessie, my immediately family. Now my grandpa is someone you'll have to work some," I giggle as he stiffens behind me. "Relax babe," we go around and grab our food buffet style before finding a seat outside with Jessie and Eric. After that my grandpa finds us and has a nice long chat with Zach. It goes great and I can tell that he loves Zach. At the end of the night and everyone has left, Zach and I clean up before heading to my room.
"Y/N, I want Zach gone by 3," my mom calls out to us.
"Ok mom, he'll be gone by then," I call back before flopping down on my bed.
"So I think I did good tonight," Zach says laying down beside me.
"Oh do ya now?" I smirk.
"Yes, I do. I think I've gained approval from some people,"
"You have trust me, I don't know about a fair bit of them but the other bit I know they liked you," he chuckles.
"Wow thanks, that makes me feel better,"
"It should," I giggle giving him a kiss and then lay on his chest.