Weather and Climate

I'm pretty sure the sun in Nigeria is different from every other place. Maybe we have one specially for us, I dunno. Have you been to Abuja? Jesus Christ! I mean like the sun there is scorching.

It can fry somebody's brain o. 

And then when you leave 9ja to a colder country, England in this case, your body would need some serious adjsuting to do. It's not a small something.

The first thing I noticed when I first stepped out of the plane was the instant chilly air. It was the kind of cold that I'd never felt before in Nigeria (for where na?) except when you use AC though, but still . . . 

And I said to myself, "how the heck would I survive in this place?"

But guess what? It got even worse, because  I first arrived in June. So it was just the beginning of summer. (If summer is like this, what will happen in winter?)

The next couple of months after that were okay. I mean, some days were really hot, that I was beginning to feel like I was in Nigeria, but that didn't last for long though. 

And then when winter came. My body was like " eyyyyy I've not seen this kind cold before o"

Arrrrggggghhhh!

The cold!!!!!

My feet, my palms were constantly numb, even with gloves and socks on. They still do now though, lol, but then again, they get cold really easily.

And then came the snow the following year in February. Oh boy was I excited!

It's so fascinating, snow is. I just cannot get enough of the beauty.
I would look through the window at the roofs of the houses and the cars parked on the street covered with the snow.

So fresh. So beautiful.

Until it's being treaded upon and it begins to melt and look like muddy slush and you slip on it and fall on your bum . . . then it's not so nice. (might or might not have happened to me haha)

For those of you who don't know, let me tell you more about the weather in England. Right, how do I say this? The weather is . . . confusing, freaking bi-polar. Can never make up it's mind. It's annoying.  Irritating.

I can go on forever.

Okay, in the summer, you expect it to be warm and nice and sunny, if not all, but at least most of the days, but no. Less than half of the days in "summer" are either rainy or cloudy. What kinda summer is that tho?

And don't get me started about the swift change in weather. Geez!

You wake up in the morning the sun is shining brightly. Hurray! You get dressed in your summer clothes. You know, dem crop top and bum shorts and maybe your gladiator sandals.  As soon as you step outside, the sun has disappeared. Are you for real? Like bruh don't mess with me na.

I always find it hard to pick what to wear in summer. It makes me so indecisive, the weather does. Should I wear sandals? Should I take my coat with me? Maybe I should take an umbrella with me in case it rains, even though the weather forecast says 'sunny'? I don't know.

Ah me I tire o.