18

South America. Of all places to run off to he had decided to vanish to France Just like Derek left to south America. I know that everyone has a way of dealing with their problems: some of us lock ourselves away, some of us swallow the pain and look the world in the eye and scream 'fuck you' while others drown their sorrows away until the world becomes a blur.

Although, I may or may not have trashed part of the house.

My anger took control of me before I had the chance to think logically about the situation. But personally, I believe, that I have every right to unleash my rage. He left. My dad abandoned me in Beacon Hills with Isaac. He left me, the only part of his family left, to mourn over a loss on my own. Who do I have to talk to about this? Who can I turn to? I most certainly can not speak with my grandfather in his state. I can't talk to Stiles or Lydia or Scott especially seeing as they are at least a few years younger than me. I highly doubt that they would want to listen to me rant to them over this; they have their own mourning to do.

Derek has been gone for a while and I have no idea when he is coming back. Not that I am complaining. I don't care. Why should I?  We dated for a while and then broke up. It was mutual.

I slide down the wall after breaking the seventh mug in the kitchen. I haven't spoken to anyone in seven days. Heck, I haven't even left the house in seven days. The tears had stopped after the first day. They come and go every now and again out of anger and out of the realisation that she's gone.

Was it something that I had done? Could I have stopped it somehow?

Someone knocks on the door. The first visitor that I've had in weeks.

"It's open!" I shout. My voice has gone hoarse and rough

The front door creaks open to reveal the wolf that has been missing for almost an entire month. His usual attire hasn't changed a single bit.

"Hey you," I say, beaming up at him. "Look who's finally decided to return home."

"What the hell happened?" He asks, stepping over the broken porcelain on the floor.

"What the hell didn't happen is definitely a question you should asking yourself, Spot,"

I push myself off the floor. My legs turn to jelly and I stagger a little before latching onto the island. Derek wanders over to the island. He slides into one of the stools.

"You suck for leaving by the way. You're a sucky sucky friend, Derek Hale."

"Are you drunk?" He smirks.

"No, but I wish I was," I begin to search the cabinets and fridge in hopes to find at least a small amount of alcohol. "So much has happened since you left. Everyone has gone off to do their own thing and I'm stuck here."

"Where is everybody? You know, family wise?"

I close the cupboard door. My hands linger on the handles as I say, "My dad's in france. And Allison's dead,"

I spin around to face him, attempting to smile at the wolf.

"Come on, let's get out of here and go to a bar or something. I haven't seen you in a while."

"What do you mean Allison's dead? When did this happen?" Derek pushes himself out of his seat.

"One of those Oni people killed her," I pick my phone off of the counter and shove it into my pocket. "But come on, I'm sick of sitting in here all the time."

"Well, that explains all the broken glass I suppose," I stand in front of him, staring deep into his brown eyes. "Why is your dad in France?"

I shrug. "I dunno. He left with Isaac not long after Allisons' death. Why should I care anyway? I mean, it's not like he left without telling me o-or hasn't even bothered to check up on me,"

My voice begins to break. Now is not the time to start crying. I mustn't crying in front of Derek. I cannot cry in front of Derek. I can

Too late. The tears are already falling and my entire body has collided with his as I wrap my arms around him. His own arms find their way around me, holding me close to his chest.

"Am I cursed or something?" I sob. "First it was my mom then it was Allison. Who's going to be next? You, my dad? Grandpa is already dying as it is so we know that he doesn't have long left. Did I do something wrong? Does the universe hate me?"

"I can take care of myself; there's no need to worry about me. I highly doubt that the universe hates you. These things just happen but I'll be here for you if you need me, okay?"

I nod against his chest, pulling myself closer to him than I ever thought was possible.

"Good," He pats my back. "Now let's go get a drink."