Chapter 49 - "Aims. I have a confession to make."

Start from the beginning

"I love you Amelia. I'm proud of you and they would be too."

Amelia reached up and covered her grandmother's hand with her own.

"I love you, grandma."

As Eleanor left, Poppy bounced off the bed and disappeared into Amelia's closet, coming back with a short, flowing dress. She held it up.

"The only dress I didn't pick out for you, it's only because I wasn't in New York," Poppy said.

Amelia stepped onto the dress, the silky material soft against her bare skin. She spun around, sending the bottom of the dress swishing.

"What do you think?" she asked, grinning at Poppy.

Poppy gave Amelia a critical look.

"I think you look wonderful, and, dare I say it, pretty," Poppy said.

"Then we have accomplished the impossible today!"

A knock cut off their gleeful laughs.

"Whose there?" Amelia called out.

"It's Will, is my wife in there?"

"Yes, come on in."

With a cocky grin, Will strode towards Poppy, his hands in his pockets. Amelia moved to the closet in search of her shoes.

"Hello Mrs. Ashford. Have I told you you look beautiful today?" he asked.

Poppy brought a dainty finger to her chin and tapped it thoughtfully.

"You know I think you have but you might as well say it again."

Grin widening, Will bent forward and kissed Poppy, his eyes dancing with mischief.

"You look beautiful," he said.

Poppy adjusted his jacket.

"You look pretty dapper yourself."

Amelia stepped from the closet, flats in hand.

"You two are a little much, have I ever told you that?" she said.

"Oh like you and Sebastian don't make me want to gag at times. The way he says 'hey' like it holds every form of the word love in it," Poppy said.

A blush rose to Amelia's cheeks.

"Fine, you two are adorable and I will never say anything again," she said.

"Thank you, though I don't believe you. See you down stairs," Poppy said, with a smile and a wink.

Will turned away, guiding Poppy out of the room. They nodded to Charlie as he stepped into the doorway.

"Aims..."

A small smile crept across Charlie's face, as he moved over to her.

"You look beautiful Aims."

"Thanks. Is your girlfriend here?"

"Yeah, Nat's downstairs. How are you doing?"

Amelia shrugged, giving him a sad smile.

"I miss them. I wish they were here and I wish I could tell them about everything with Sebastian. I know dad would be proud about the album winning the Grammy for Album of The Year."

Charlie wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she leaned on him, putting her arms about him. Both of them were silent, as memories that flooded their minds.

"Well, I'm proud of you and I know they would be too."

"Thanks, Charlie."

He held out his arm to her.