Part 15

Manik stopped and asked me "hey nandini,why did u walk out of the

club?"

I didnt know what to say.Should I tell him the truth.No obviously not.."umm..actually i was feeling a bit suffocated so came out to take fresh air"

"Are u sure?Is this the reason?"came his amused reply leaving me shocked

"ya"I stuttered.

"ok then..good night.See u tomorrow"

"good night Manik" I wished him and walked to my room to again meet him in my dreams..

..............................                   ......................................                      ...................................

"Mom,i m going to hospital"i shouted stuffing toast into my mouth..

"Nandini,sit down and eat properly.This is not the way to have ur breakfast.Breakfast is the most important meal so sit down and by the way where are u going?"asked mom arching her eyebrows.

I sighed and settled myself.Munching my toast i replied"Mom!! I am going to visit a friend.He had an accident yesterday..remember" .I was busy stuffing when mom stood up..I followed her gaze and saw Manik walking in. I was again spellbound looking at him look so handsome that i forgot i was eating..

"*cough *cough "He brought be out of my day dreaming.

"Stop staring nandini.I know i look good but atleast aunty ka toh khayal karo ,yahi pe hai woh"he winked and i was deeply embarresed being caught red handed

"Umm..I wasnt staring ok...I was just looking.."i tried to hide my embarrassement.

 "ya right"..i decided to ignore him and got back to gulping my breakfast while mom began talking to him.

I finally stood up to go"ok mom..I m leaving."

"Nandini wait.Manik will u plz drop her.I dont trust her to go alone.."I rolled my eyes and looked at manik and he nodded.

............................. ........................................               ....................................................

So today i was sitting beside manik in the front seat and i totally agree that its a completely different feeling.My heart had started jumping in excitement.."umm.Nandu..whom r u going to meet in the hospital?"he asked seriously

"Aryaman"i replied instantly while I was busy enjoying the view outside.

"Ur boyfriend Aryaman ?"his words brought me back with a jerk as I stared at him..oh god.I had completely forgotten about my sweet little lie  but he still remembers it.I mentally grinned.If he has anna then I also have aryaman"ya"i replied suppressing my smile seeing him frown..yes!yes!he is frowning..Is he jealous? I felt like dancing but kept quite trying to note his expressions which soon became unreadable.As we were walking towards aryamans room,I noticed manik was a bit hesitant..He wasnt looking his normal sporty self and smile too was missing.."Manik..what happened? Why did u stop ,lets go.."

"umm..Nandini..I have to reach somewhere urgently..Sorry but u carry on.. I'll meet Aryaman some other day".I frowned but let him go..As i walked towards aryas chamber ,I was wondering what happened to manik.He was alright few minutes back..god!i can never understand him..

Aryaman was reading a book when i entered..He smiled looking at me."hey nandini ! thank u for coming.I was getting bored."he exclaimed

"comeon Aryaman no thanks needed..How r u feeling now"

"i m fine but now that u have come i will be perfectly healthy"he grinned while i laughed listening to him.I didnt know what to speak..I was a bit apprehensive as i knew Aryaman used to like me during college days so i  hope he is over me by now. We talked about few general topics and i learnt that he too was settled in mumbai working for a hotshot firm and was here for a meeting.It was getting late so I stood up."Umm..arya l think I should leave..U take rest.."

"U r going...so soon?  Ok"said a seemingly upset aryaman but I just smiled at him .I quickly walked out..

.........................                 ..............................                      ........................................

It was 1:30pm by the time i reached home and was surprised seeing everyone present.. Both the families were sitting and discussing something serious .Suddenly khushi Di started crying..I ran upto her."hey...di.what happened? Why r u crying?"I looked at everyone but everyone seemed in a morose mood.I hugged khushi trying to calm her down wondering what had actually happened.She was murmuring something which i couldnt understand.."mom..dad..tell me ..kya hua?"Mom herself was in tears and that itself was making my heart beat faster.Mom looked at dad who nodded his head,i guess in agreement"Nandini..beta..umm..ur nani is no more.."

There was utter silence as i stood stunned..nani...My eyes started tearing immediately while my brain went numb..i wanted to ask how,when but words werent coming out.I was shocked,didnt know how to react so I ran outside as images of me playing with nani,her face started flashing in front of me.She was the first person who always stood by me,even when i had wanted to move to india,she had supported me.I was very close to her and now I was feeling like i had lost a piece of my heart.My throat was burning as tears kept pouring out and I kept running..I didnt know where i was heading..

"Nandini..stop" I heard someone shout my name..I didnt pay attention as my brain was too numb to assess anything.I felt a sudden sharp pull and then i felt being crushed into hard wall.

.*slap*