Part 2

I wa brought back to reality with a shout"nandini!!"It was mom.She had seen me standing at the door staring in space.I ran to her and she engulfed me in a bear hug.It felt so good to be in her arms.We both had tears pouring out from our eyes bt smile on our faces.
"How are u beta? When did you come?Why didnt u inform us?"
"Mom..mom..relax.I am absolutely fine.And I didnt inform you all as I wanted  it to be a surprise "
I kept hugging her for a long timd to feel her warmth.There was a feeling of calmness in her arms.She pulled out first and said"U have become so weak.Didnt you have food there?Look at u,so lean,ur bones can be seen and what happened to ur hair?They look so rough"she was literally shouting."dont u put oil in them?"
I rolled my eyes.This is my mom.I meet her after 4 years and she is stressing about my hair.
"Mumma relax.I am perfectly healthy and my hair is also fine.They are seeming rough because of all the travelling I have done.Let me take a shower and they will be back to normal.Acha mom tell me one thing Where is khushi di?I hadnt forgotten about her words."
"She has gone to the office with ur dad and they will come in the evening.Till then u take some rest and I will prepare something for you."
I couldnt relax till my questions were answered so stopping her midway I asked"Mom!!Is di getting married?"
Mom looked surprised while I waz dying to know the answer.
"How do u know beta?"was her reply.So what she said was the truth.
"Who told u this?"she asked me as if I wasnt suppose to know."Di told me and asked me to come home immediately".
Mom went into deep thinking and I frowed looking at her face.What was she thinking."mom!!Whats going on?Mjhe nahi aana chahiye tha kya"i couldnt help asking.I was disappointed with the way she was reacting.It was really strange.I think she gauzed my disappointment and tried to cheer me up"No beta why r u thinking like that.I am so happy to see u after so long.Its just that khushis wedding is not yet decided .Talks are on bt nothing is finalised yet.Lets see what happens"
This brought my heart at peace.They werent hiding things from me.Bt my curious mind wasnt at all at peace,it  wanted more answers"mom!!who is she getting married to?"Obviously I wanted to know who was the guy my darling sister could potentially get married to.
Now mom was smiling brightly.It was creepy seeing her so smile so wide"U know him beta"was her reply.
"Okk..So I knew the guy.Hmm..bt who is it?I know many guys  so how am I suppose to figure out who was the one for my sister.I still racked my brains and finally gave up."mom!Can I get a  hint.?"
"Hint??okk..hmm..his name starts with A and  u knew him really well"
This was not helping at all."mom..This is an arranged marriage.May be I am acquainted with the guy bt how do u expect me to remember a random person when I dont even know his name"
No mom was seriously testing my patience.What was with her and this whole guessing game.Gauzing my not so good mood ,she decided to drop the topic but still didnt reveal the identity."They are coming for dinner tonight.You can see the guy and ask as many questions u want.bt for now spare me.I have lots to do.U also freshen up  and by then ur dad and sis will also come..nd yes its not an arrange marriage"and she walked away leaving me flabbergasted.

I had changed and was helping mumma in kitchen when the door bell rang.I ran to open the door as I knew who it would be bt they had already entered the house.I ran to greet them."Dad..I m home..di!!".I shouted hugging them.surprise was clearly written on their faces which made me laugh..Khushi di was the first one to come out of shock as she hugged me back"u came??so soon..Wow..I cant believe this.I m so happy.I missed u so much".she said emotionally pulling me into a bear hug.

she said emotionally pulling me into a bear hug

"Imissed u too di" I sighed hugging her back.Dad still seemed to be in shock staring at my face as if he had seen a ghost."khushi is it really nandu or am I dreaming".Now this amused me.This was not at all expected."dad its really me.ur nandu..U can touch me to confirm".I giggled.As soon as realisation dawned upon him,he took me into a hug engulfing me.Tears started rolling again.This was what I missed the most.Dad..his warmth,protectiveness.I have always been a daddys girl,his little princess,we were partners in crime when it came to irritating mom.He always sided me,pampered me and I love him the most in this whole crazy world.I guess my tears rendered his shirt which made him pull back.Even he had tears in his eyes which pinched me.This was the rarest sight.I quickly rubbed his tears with my thumb and murmured"my daddy strongest"like a small girl.This made him laugh and again pulled me in a hug.

Our emotional moment was interrupted by two jealous souls who stood rolling their eyes watching the fathet daughter moment

Our emotional moment was interrupted by two jealous souls who stood rolling their eyes watching the fathet daughter moment."If u two have forgotten ,then let me remind u that we r also here-ur wife nd other daughter"muttered mom.
Her expressions were so  amusing dat I started laughing."oh come on padma.Dnt be jealous.I love u too bt little less than my princess"retorted dad.
"Kya ashutosh aap bhi"said mom shyly."aap bhi bacho ke sath bache ban gae"..while me nd di had a hearty laugh.