Part 14

As we reached the club,i saw all standing outside waiting for us.I quickly got down and stood next to Navya.We all walked in together.The club was on  full swing with people dancing crazily.My foot started tapping when I heard a whisper near my ear

"wanna dance?"

 my heart stopped beating for a second.I turned around happily but my heart dropped seeing the person

"Dhruv?

."How i wish it was Manik but I guess he was with anna, dancing,close dancing and my stomach churned at the mere thought..I reluctantly agreed to dance with him.I was dancing but my eyes were searching for one particular person and there he was,in a secluded corner with anna,his arms around her waist.Our eyes met for a fraction of a second.I could see happiness in his eyes and I instantly closed my eyes to reduce the pain I felt in my heart.I just now realised how much jealous I was of  Anna and how much I hated the sight of them being together, in his arms dancing.The partner exchange dance was going on and I, by fates game, found myself in front of Manik.He happily forwarded his hand and within a split of a second I found myself in his arms dancing.

"So enjoying urself?He asked cheerfully.

"hmm.Tum btao.Are u happy?"I asked.

He gave me a strange look"matlab?"

I dismissed it and smiled"kuch nai.So whats next?"

"Ek secret btao . I am planning to propose but abhi dont tell anyone"he told me happily and I could literally hear my heart shattering.I controlled my tears and smiled at him"all the best".

"Yaar help me na.Tell me ladkiyo ko kya pasand hota hai?"

"U know her better than me so uski fav cheeze karo bt yes do everything dil se and she will love it"I somehow answered.I was enjoying the warmth of his arms,may be for the last time,when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Can I have my partner back?"It was Anna and I so hated her that moment.I smiled gleefully"sure!He's urs only." and I  walked away from the dance floor.I kept admiring all the couples dancing in each others arms and sighed..I felt lonely..I was feeling suffocated so I walked out from the club to  take some fresh air.

I was walking alone on the road and didnt realise how far i had come.."Oh god." I thought"ab yahi bacha tha".I was  hurriedly walking back when i saw a car  collided with a tree.I ran upto the site and saw a young man with his face on the steering wheel.I pushed in back and gasped.I knew this guy,he was with me in college.He was Aryaman.WOW!What a destinies play. I meet my assumed boyfriend in such a filmy way.He was drenched in blood and was unconscious.I immediately got into action and with great difficulty got him out.I immediately called an ambulance and they arrived in 10 mins. We took him to the hospital..

It was 2 am at night and I was waiting outside the operation theatre.Aryaman's injury had been severe and doctor had said for an immediate operation.I was walking outside when I realised the time and that I hadnt informed anyone about my whereabouts..I picked up my cell phone but ,bt again something filmy happend,its battery was dead.I walked upto to reception  and dialled di's number but her cell was also switched off.Finally i decided to call Manik.

"hello"i said

"who the hell do u think u r Nandini ?what do u think of urself..U dont have to inform us before leaving and here we are getting mad with tension..how can u be so careless." He kept shouting.I flinched hearing his voice.He was really angry"where r u?"he blasted at me I was about to speak when i heard the doctors  asking for me.I quickly cut the phone and walked upto him

"how is he doctor?"

"he is fine.Out of danger,we will shift him in the ward in an hour..By the way what is ur relation to him?"

" A friend" i replied..

It was 6 am and Aryaman had been shifted to the ward.He had gained consciousness." Nandini!"he said shocked

"hi Aryaman,how r u feeling?"

"i m fine..ohh god Nandini, what r u doing here?"he asked

"umm..actually i saw ur car collided with a tree and brought u to the hospital"

"Oh god!thank u so much.I m really greatful to you.."

"hey ! dont say like this..We r friends..ok now u rest. Its quite late..i will see u in the morning"and

i walked out.I somehow hailed a taxi  and reached home.As I  walked into my house i saw everyone gathered there.I quitely walked towards them.It was Navya  who first saw me and then all turned to look at me.I shuddered seeing their faces,they looked really angry.Khushi di came and asked

"where were u Nandini ?Dont u have any sense to atleast inform us and why are ur clothes red..oh god!its blood.What happened?Are u alright?"she panicked.I looked at my dress.I guess while helping Aryaman his blood smeared on my clothes too..

Manik came and stood next to me"Nandini are u alright? Why is ur dress smeared with blood..where were u all night.U didnt reply even on the phone." he spoke gravely..I looked into his eyes and saw various emotions like pain,anger,fear ,concern and it clenched my heart..I took his hand in mine,not caring about anyone, and explained them the whole story..As I finished,I heard few gasping sounds.."but Nandini  u could have called us,We would have helped u.."said navya.

"i know navya,but in all this tension i completely forgot and my stupd phones battery too died.I m sorry guys for troubling u all"i whispered

"hey..its ok..dont say sorry..what r friends for..hmm but next time atleast inform us"I was so overwhelmed by their concern that i just went and hugged them.

"Guys I think its quite late so lets call it a day"said jiju and all agreed'..As i was walking towards my room,i heard

manik calling me"hey nandu but  why did u walk out of the club?" leaving me speechless.