Part 11

It was morning and i hadnt slept a wink the whole night.Something had changed..I kept thinking about Manik the whole night,about the moments we shared,how he told me that he missed me,how his eyes had tears talking about our childhood,how he shared his feelings with me.I had realised one thing that i hated seeing tears in his eyes,they pinched my heart.I just loved seeing his beautiful smile reaching upto his eyes,and his adorable antics were like icing on the cake.I kept wondering why i wrote his name on my mehndi.I had never done anything like this before.All these feelings were new to me and i couldnt explain them.I was thinking about our conversation when i was disturbed by a knock on my door..I frowned..

"kaun hai?"i asked irritated that someone had disturbed my thought process..

"its me Nandu,khushi..what are u doing inside since yesterday.Come out.Mom is calling u for breakfast.."

"di..u go , I m just coming.."i replied gettng up.

"Come soon and yes then we have to go shopping.."i could gauge that she was extremely excited. Breakfast went quietly with di and mom discussing about the shopping list while i tried not to think about him and his ocean deep eyes.I sighed..god i could just drown in them.."What!!what am i thinking..Nandini tu pagal ho gai hai kya..Nai nai yeh nai ho sakta..god help me"..I silently prayed to god..I was busy praying when khushi di stood up

"Nandu..lets go"

"huh?" I was so lost that I couldnt understand what she was talking about "where?"

"shopping yaar.."

"haan haan..lets go"i walked out shaking my head.Our whole day went in shopping.It was so much fun.We both behaved like maniacs buying everything and anything.Taking a break from shopping we stopped at the food court.

"so di what will u have?I am craving for a cheesy lasagne"I said ,my mouth watering,at the thought of lasagne.

"Lucky  you nandu'grumbled di"I wish i could eat it but then I wont be able to fit in my wedding dress on which we have happily spent so many pounds."

"Oh comeon di.Aek baar khane se kuch nai hota.Acha gym mai half n hr extra spend kar lena"I tried convincing her.

"No baba.U have it,I am happy with my caeser salad"

We both were enjoying our meals when I hesitatingly asked"di..Can i ask u something?"

"Ofcourse bacha.Why r u being so formal.Puch na?"

"Di..What is love?..I mean how do u know that u r in love.Kaise pta chalta hai?"I asked everything in one go.

Di was looking at me with an amused face"wow!!So many questions.Baat kya hai madam?Who is the lucky guy?"she asked winking at me.

I didnt know what to reply though my face had turned complete red "di!!Aise koi baat  nahi baat nai hai.I was just asking out of curiosity."

Di gave a grin"I dnt believe u but I will let u figure out things and when u r sure u need to tell me.Deal?"

I nodded and she happily continued"Love..love is a intangible connection between two people that feels exceptionally good.Its a bond which can be formed as it is said'at first sight'or it can take its own time to form and grow.Love is that feeling of butterflies in ur stomach,that smile which forms on ur face hearing about that person ,that goofy smile that comes on ur face when u see that person,the dhak dhak of ur heart when he comes close to u.The trust that builds,the belief that he will always protect you."She said it all so dreamily that I was looking at her in aww.

"wow di.Mera toh pta nahi but you r definately in love"i gushed.She blushed and we laughingly got up to continue our shopping.At the end of the day we had finally bought her wedding dress,her jewellery,gifts for mom,dad,jiju,armaan and their parents.I had bought a huge teddy for my self ..We were walking towards another sari store when khushi di's cell rang.Seeing her blushing i immediately knew who it was..I teased her..

"Aye hayye..jiju."she smacked my hand.."shut up Nandini  go and look for something  while i am just coming." I winked at her and walked towards the store. It was half an hour since she had gone and i was waiting for khushi di  to return.I sighed,my patience gave away and I walked out searching for my dear sister.I had searched the whole mall but couldn't find her.Now i was getting tensed.Her number was busy,so  that means she was still talking to jiju..

I walked out of the mall and there she stood on footpath busy on phone..I shouted"di!!"

She looked up and made a sorry face.I sighed and asked her come..She starting walking towards me still busy on phone when i saw a car coming towards her.I was stunned..I looked at khushi di,she was still on phone.I immediately ran towards her shouting her name.I could see the car coming in full speed.I didnt know what to do so i ran more fast and just as the car was going to collide with her,i pushed her aside.I felt a huge force hitting me and then I couldnt see anything.I could hear some shouts when my consciousness gave way and i went into deep sleep.

I opened my eyes but immediately closed them feeling sharp pain in my head.."ahh"i moaned..

"Nandini..nandini" I could hear someone calling my name.With great difficulty i opened my eyes to see mom,dad,khushi Di,jiju and his parents all standing around me looking really worried..I moved my eyes around and realised that i was in a hospital..Suddenly all memories of the accident came running back and i shouted"di.."