Part 7-KAUN??

I was surprised.Who had sent them? I  looked at the letter again but there was no name.Strange,I thought.I kept looking at the flowers and letter when manik joined me so I quickely hid the letter..

"hey..what happened? U alright? he asked .

"ya ..ya i m fine"i replied

"hmm..nice flowers..who send u?"

Before i could reply anna intervened saving me from answering "oh come on manik,what kind of question is that..Ofcourse her someone special would have sent them.She is too beautiful to not have one.Am i right?she asked me..

I didn't know what to say so  just gave her a hesitant smile.We were called by mom as the ceremony was starting.I decided to put the incidence at the back of my mind and enjoy the ceremony.

The ceremony took place with lots of masti and merryment.All had a blast and no one was ready to leave the dance floor.Finally deadtired,all moved towards  lunch.I excused myself as i wanted some time alone.I was standing in balcony staring aimlessly in space,when i felt a tap at my shoulder..

I turned and was surprised to see Anna standing behind me."Can i join u?"she asked me taking me by surprise..

"sure."i hesistantly replied..i didnt know what to say.

We kept standing there for sometime when she finally broke the silence

"Tell me about urs and manik frienship.Since when do u both know each other?".It took me by surprise as this was not what i was expecting.

"Since childhood i guess.We had always been together till they shifted to U.S nd then i shifted to India"

"so did u miss him "I raised my eyebrows.I couldn't judge what was she trying to say.

"I wont lie but yes i missed him initially but as time grew I kind of forgot about him"i shyly replied.

"U know,i know Manik  from when he shifted to US.There has never been  a day when he didnt talk about u.He used to keep telling us about what u both did,how naughty u were and lots of things.He never forgot u nandini and he really missed u"she told me rendering me speechless.I didnt know what to say. I was feeling guilty about forgetting him but I was happy also that he had never forgotten me..

Loads of questions started roaming in my mind"May i ask u something anna? didnt u feel bad when he talked about us or about me"

She smiled"honestly?I was damn jealous.I use to hate u for the place u held in his heart"

Her confession left me stumped.I didnt know how to react.I guess my expressions said it all as she burst out laughing"hahaha..dnt be scared.That was all when i was immature.I know what place I hold in maniks heart and i am happy with that".

Seeing me still confused,she tried distracting me"hey..lets eat..I m starving..Come"and literally dragged me out.Hmm she is not that bad,I wondered ,as I walked out with her. It was late at night by the time we returned.Everyone was dead tired.As we reached home,i quickely ran to my room.I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep so I quickly changed and lied down on my comfortable bed. I was about to lay path for my dreams when my phone buzzed..

It was an unknown number.I hesistantly picked up.

"hello"

"hey..so gai thi kya?"

"who is this?"i curiously asked.

"arre its me manik.Itni jaldi bhul gai.Abhi kuch time pehle hi toh mile the.So what are u doing?"he casually asked.

"Manik!! yeh kaunsa number hai and I was trying to sleep before u disturbed me"i replied tauntingly

He immediately sobered"i m sorry".I was surprised by his reaction and immediately asked"hey..what happened to u?why so serious..i was just joking yaar.You can call me whenever u want manik"

He was quiet and I sensed that something was wrong

"kya hua manik??mujhe nai batao ge?"I asked hoping that he would confide in me"Any problems with anna?"

"Hey..no..no such thing yaar..everything is fine..i m getting bored.."

"what?Am I  some entertainment package to entertain u.." i asked

"ofcourse nandu.U are a chota packet but bada dhamaka.Fultoo entertainment,chalo sing a song for me..i know u r a good singer.."he said grinning

"ya right!!no mister i m not singing .I m feeling sleepy,u also sleep..gud night"

"no..no ..hello.."

I  didnt listen to him and cut the phone.I dont know when I drifted to sleep.Next few days went in a spur.Everyone was busy with the wedding preparations..Me and manik were doing all the running work..Khushi Di had taken a back seat and had told everyone that she would not do any work but just sit and enjoy.None could refuse her and this altogether increased my workload.The ceremonies were starting from the next day..Tomorrow was "the haldi"..Khushi Di was super excited.I had never seen such a enthusiastic bride.The ceremony was to take place at home.I had already called navya and she was to reach here today.I  looked at the watch..

It was 5 pm.Her flight was to land at 6 pm so I decided to leave now to pick her up.I was on my way to the airport when i got a call.The screen flashed"private number"..and my heart started beating in frenzy..I hesitantly picked up but didnt speak a word..i was waiting for the person to speak and finally he said"hello nandini ji..how r u?"

"who is this?"i asked

"oh..u will come to know..what is the hurry..So did u like the flowers?".Now i knew who had sent them

"who r u?Why did u send me flowers?what do u want from me" i asked angrily..

"oh ho..So many questions.This is what i love about u..Always so inquisitive..i know u would have loved the flower,they r ur favourite.Waise u r luking hot in this purple dress.Only i know how i am controlling myself .."

My anger started rising.How dare he! My mind started working..If he knew what i wore meant that he was following me.I  immediately looked out of the window to see any suspicious face..

"hey sweetheart..dont try..u wont find me.."

"plz..leave me alone..kya chaiye tumhe"i shouted..

He immediately replied"YOU."my heart was beating so fast that I feared it will come out..

"i will call u again.Take care sweetheart" and then there was dead silence..I was numb..