Chapter 4 - Last Day

Monday morning had come around, the last day of school. As Rebecca rose from her bed she smelt the beautiful purple orchids that were in a tall wine glass on her bed side table. As she got up she walked to her cupboard and pulled out her uniform. She put on her white top and navy blue skirt and also put her black shoes on, polishing them when she had them on her foot. She then tied her shoe laces up and went into the kitchen to get her breakfast. She went into the cupboard and got out the cornflakes box, she then got out a bowl and spoon and poured her cereal followed by fresh milk. As she finished up her breakfast she brushed her teeth and she kissed her mothers teeth and walked out the door to the bus stop. As she sat down on the seat she started to read her book as she was ten minutes early. As the sound of the bus roared down the street Rebecca placed her book into her brown bag and she stood up and waited until the bus was in front of her. The door opened and she said good morning to the bus driver and handed him her morning ticket. She walked down the aisle and found a seat next to her best friend, Megan. As the bus began to leave the two girls talked the whole way. Rebecca told Megan about how she had to move and that they will have to write to each other everyday and ring each other.

As they got to school the bell rang and they headed to their first class which was English. In second period they had maths. Once the bell rung for lunch the two girls went to go get their lunch then found a shady tree and sat down. Once the girls finished their lunch they walked around the school discussing the move and that how they might not get to see each other again. They thought about the last couple of months that had spent together as best friends. When the school day was over, the bus parked up at the top of the hill and the two girls got on. They said their final goodbyes and they cried for each other. Then that was her last day. Rebecca walked back down the aisle and said her last goodbye to her bus driver. She then jumped off the bus looking over shoulder waving goodbye to Megan and watching the bus drive off down the street. As she walked home from the bus stop she felt her heavy tears falling down her face. She couldn't hold them back.

That afternoon Rebecca finished packing her room. She packed all her things into the car then began to help her mother finish pack up the dining and the lounge room. When they packed the car, everything was empty but two sleeping bags and camping chairs as well as the dinner that her mother had prepared that day whilst Rebecca was at school. The car was full with only the two front seats. As they had finished and were all ready for the long trip ahead of them. As they sat down on a couple of chairs in the middle of an empty room that once was their dining room, they ate their dinner slowly and politely finishing every bit on their plate. Rebecca then cleaned the dishes that they used and placed them into the car. Once they had finished everything that had to be done they lied down on two sleeping bags in the lounge room. Rebecca lay there for a while thinking. Soon her eyes began to close and in a matter of time she was in a deep sleep. She had to get heaps of rest ready for the trip to her new home the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~

Authors note

Hey guys thank you all for reading and voting, I hope you like it. If you have any suggestions please comment I would love to hear some feedback on what you think of it so far. Thank you all xx