Chapter 3 -The Bad News

Chapter 3 - The Bad News

As Rebecca sees her mum she knows there is something wrong but she can't work out what it is. It seemed like she had been told some bad news, very bad news. Rebecca started pacing around the house thinking of what would be bothering her mother, but she couldn't work it out. So she went into the kitchen, sat her mother down at the dining table and made her a hot tea with homemade shortbread biscuits. The Rebecca gave her mother a warm hug and sat on the chair opposite to her mother. They had a long, meaningful conversation. Rebecca felt a heavy tear reach the end of her face, falling on her arm. She couldn't keep listening it was too much, so she left, she ran into her room, slammed the door and jumped onto her bed.

A pounding knock woke Rebecca from her sleep. She got up to answer the door. She opened it slowly peeking through the crack, seeing her mother on the other side. She walked around her and ran out the back door to the other side of the farm. Watching her hair blow in the wind as she got further and further away Rebecca's mum wanted her back. She saw a book she hadn't seen before laying on Rebecca's bed. She took a closer look. It was pink with cream coloured lace glued onto each corner, with neat cursive writing that said Rebecca's diary. As she opened to where a peach coloured ribbon lay in between the fine pages there was the date and a diary entry.

Dear diary,

Why does it have to be this way, I don't want leave I want to stay here and be welcome and find friends that will be with me forever and cherish our moments together and maybe find a little love. Mother says that if we don't leave father will find me and force me to live with him, but I will not allow him to take me, he just can't not be there for my life then expect to come back and just think it's ok to finally want me. Mother got a job at this place, I'm not sure what it's called but apparently it is beautiful and it's a city. I don't like city's at all there is too many people and girls wear all these nice clothes but all I have is old hand me downs or overalls, anything like that. I'm still not sure if I'm allowed to have my horse come but if she can't I'm going to be lost and so sad because she is my best friend, my only friend. Mother thinks it is going to be a fresh start but I hate moving. The hiding and running has to stop because i am sick of it and running isn't fun all it is not adventurous and you can't see things in depth. I wish I could change her mind but it's just too hard.

Your truly

Rebecca

As she placed Rebecca's diary back on her bed in the same place that it was before she saw Rebecca sitting by the dam so she slowing walked to meet her. Rebecca turned slightly so she couldn't see her mother. Rebecca's mum tried to tell her that this was for her own good and she will understand once they got there. Rebecca didn't understand, she told her mother what's so hard about not running from what you are scared of and if thing get tougher you just have to try a little harder. She was disappointed in that her mother didn't agree. She kissed her mother on her cheek and slowly walked back inside with thoughts bottled up in her head.

When it was time for dinner Rebecca sat on her chair and she was given her meal and a cold glass of water. She ate slowly and politely, with her elbows off the table, a nice posture and laid on her legs was a clean napkin to prevent her lace dress from getting food on it. After she had finished she washed up with warm water. Then she went into her room and started to pack up all of her things once more. After a little bit of packing Rebecca's eyes became heavy. So she slipped into her bed and as she lay there thinking for a while her eyes were slowly closing. Once that closed she was lost in her dreams.