Chapter 2 - Morning Ride

As Rebecca rushed outside she fed the birds, pigs, cows and her horse Daisy. After her mother was happy with the amount of work completed, Rebecca took her tall tan horse out for a morning ride. She saddled up and climbed onto Daisy's long back. As Rebecca carefully gave Daisy a nudge they rode off. They followed wherever the light took them. When they found a nice place they would sit there and Rebecca would think of all the places she had been and how she missed her father. She would feel the soft touch of her fathers hands as he kissed her cheek and said goodnight for the very last time. Rebecca hated running away from her past like her mother, but she had no choice. Sometimes she wishes to stay for a little longer. She thought of leaving the farm and leaving daisy behind with all of the other places, empty and not explored. To leave, to heal her mothers broken heart.

It was time for Rebecca to go back to the small farm house. She didn't want her mother to be too worried about her. they followed the tracks they had just taken, feeling the light wind brushing through her hair reminded her of the days where everything was perfect. Rebecca didn't want to think of it anymore, shaking the thoughts away she arrived at the old wooden barn where it was time to finish off her ride. she took the saddle and reins off Daisy and brushed her fur with a soft brush. Finally she kissed her goodbye and ran inside.