雨の中の涙 (Tears In The Rain)

Just letting y'all know this chapter will be long because this is where everything comes together ... or should I say apart.

Abel's P.O.V

"So you really fucked her huh?"

The raspy voice made myself sigh. I looked up, two tired eyes staring back at my irritated ones. Her smirk transformed into a kool-aid smile when I didn't answer. The look on my face told it all. It amused her to see me like this. Hurt. In pain. To feel what she felt before with me made her happy. And I wouldn't blame her.

"She told you to go. Leave. Scatter. It's what you do best, so why aren't you doing it?"

"If that's the case, you should be gone too. You're the one who ran to L.A."

"And I'm doing better than ever. You ran away and you're still doing the same shit you said you wouldn't do."

"You don't know shit about me Valerie..."

"I don't know anything about you Abel Makkonen Tesfaye? I don't know about your habits? Your needs? Your urges? Who provided you with "your boys"? Who knew about your father leaving you and your mother practically for dead and then worked every fucking day to help support her and your music? Who prevented you from killing yourself and helped you during your depression? Last time I checked it was I, Valerie Smith. Not even your girlfriend or should I say, current lover, could say she did that. So please check yourself before you end up wrecking yourself and your lover."

I stepped up to her, my hands almost around her throat. All she did was start laughing, the smell of cigarette on her breath. She placed my hands on my side.

"Are you gonna hurt me Abel? Are you gonna leave a mark like you did last time?"

I shushed her so she could lower her voice. Valerie pulled down her shirt so the scar could show. I wanted to say something but couldn't find any words to describe the anguish I was feeling.

She laughed and pulled out her pack of cigarettes. She took one, her third one in just an hour.

"Smoking extra packs huh?"

She sucked her teeth and continued to light up her cigarette. A nurse came by, the same one that told Val to stop smoking before, which Val paid no attention to.

"Ma'am I am not going to ask you again to --"

"You don't have to ask me again. Save your damn breath and leave me be. I'm leaving anyways."