Chapter 2-Edited

THE NEXT DAY

Layla POV

I slip on my dress that Katie and Hailey helped me pick out. You can tell it was their influence because this is definitely something I'd never pick out on my own. They told me I wasn't allowed to look like a 'Mom' for our girls' night out, so we all bought super sexy dresses.

I apply just enough makeup to enhance what people call my 'natural beauty'. I'm not vain, but I know I'm at least slightly attractive with a long, pale face, blonde hair, and baby blue eyes. I slip on my stilettos, and grab my clutch purse. I pull out my phone and group message Katie and Hailey. We all decided that Hailey was our DD for the night because she is pregnant.

Group Message

LAYLA: Hey girls! I'm ready to go! Pick me up in 10?

A minute later, my phone dings.

HAILEY: On our way! Just picked up Katie.

LAYLA: K. 😘

I return my phone to my purse and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

Charles whistles upon seeing me. The kids attempt to copy him while telling me how great I look.

My husband walks up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist, whispers, " Are you sure you want this dress tonight?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Katie picked it out, and I would rather not have her pull me in by the ear and change my clothes for me, like last time." I roll my eyes, laughingly, and hug him back.

"Good point," He laughs, chest rumbling.

Hands down, one of my favorite things about my husband? His laugh.

My phone rings with another message saying that my ride has arrived.

"I love you all!" I say, kissing each child on the head. I kiss Charles before leaving and whisper, "The best for last," in his ear before walking out to Hailey's car.

------------------------------------------------------
Charles POV

Relax, C. Relax.

I can hear my brother's voice in my head so clearly it's as if he is standing beside me.

It's just a night out with her closest friends. Layla loves you, she would never hurt you.

Despite what my subconscious is telling me, I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

The kids and I all make a "Special Supper" like we do when Layla isn't home.

"Special Supper" consists of anything the kids decide they want, even if it's all different. It ends with ice cream sundaes.

Xavier has a grilled cheese sandwhich. Veronica has a taco from leftovers a few nights ago. Zach has chicken nuggets. Our three Angel's are all so different, yet so much the same, that it still amazes me.

Layla swears that they are all just like me but I don't think so. I see a lot of myself in Xavier and a lot of Layla in Veronica, despite the fact that she's a total Daddy's girl. Zach seems to be a perfect mixture of us both.