19. Cat Boxers and All

"Please, Sabastian. Read my mind."

I watch as images from the past weeks flicker across my mind's eye. Ridge and Heather talking, Ridge sitting alone in his apartment, tears streaming down his face. Even images of him at the triple date, talking to Drew Brant and then I see Drew Brant again, when the bastard held a gun to his head and threatened him. Ridge crying when his mom told him his dad had died.

I even saw images of Ridge as he watched me walk away from him, accusing him of cheating, and leaving him behind without even trying to listen to him or understand what was going on. I pull away from Ridge's mind, and I untangle my fingers from his. I didn't even realize I was crying, and now we both had tear stains on our cheeks.

As I look at Ridge standing before me, his cheeks wet and his beautiful green eyes wide as he looks up at me, I feel my heart shatter. I did this to him. His dad died- was murdered. And all I did was abandon him to fend for himself. I didn't have any other options. As I feel my shattered heart swell, I push Ridge against the nearest wall, caging him with my arms on either side of his head.

I wanted to say something, but no words came to me as I looked into his eyes. Without any second thoughts, I kiss Ridge on the lips, forcing all of my regret into the single action. It was only after a moan escaped Ridge's mouth that I pulled my lips away from him. I kept both of my hands pressed against the wall, and we were close enough that the tips of our noses were only centimeters apart as I looked once again into Ridge's wide eyes.

"Ridge, I could never apologize enough for the way I treated you." I pull one hand from the wall, and I gently brush the back of my fingers along his freckled cheeks, feeling the soft skin that was still slightly wet from tears. "But do you think you could forgive me?"

I pause for a moment, never breaking eye contact, and when Ridge throws his arms around my neck and replies, I feel a weight I hadn't even realized I was carrying lift from my shoulders.

"Of course I forgive you Sabastian. And I'm sorry I couldn't tell you the truth. You know I would've if I could've, right?" I nod at him, and I let a small smile slide onto my face at his next words. "Does this mean I'm still your boyfriend then, Bassy?"

"I dunno, darling. What do you think?" Before Ridge can respond, my lips crash against his once again. I feel Ridge's arms tighten around my neck as he pulls me closer, and I let my arms slide down to snake around his waist, pulling his hips to mine.

It was amazing, how right this felt with him. I had never wanted this with anyone before now.

As the kiss deepened, Ridge tugged on the hair at the back of my neck, and slid his teeth across my bottom lip, causing me to let out an involuntary moan. I felt Ridge smile with delight beneath my lips, and without any warning to him, I shifted my arms down, and I lifted his smaller frame up, pushing his back against the wall.

"Sabastian!" With a gasp of surprise, he wrapped his legs around my waist, and for once I was the one looking up into his eyes, instead of him into mine. He kept his arms around my neck, and he tilted his head so our foreheads were touching.

"What are we doing, Sabastian?"

I don't answer him for a few seconds, I just look into his eyes as I hold him up against the wall. Instead of waiting for an answer, Ridge lets out a small giggle and kisses me, pressing his lips to mine again, pulling on my hair as he does so. Taking this as my cue, I try pulling the same trick Ridge did, and I take his bottom lip between my teeth, and when he lets out a breathy gasp, I know I must've done something right. With one last peck to his lips, I pull my face away from his and look into his eyes once again.