2. Sorry Not Sorry

I groaned quietly under my breath as my best friend, Harry, droned on about his day. It was completely and utterly boring. It may have made me sound like a bad friend, but I couldn't help it! Nothing about his day was even remotely interesting and I had to sit through our "conversation" like I was still in class. Sorry not sorry.

"- and then the kid just walked by like it was nothing. I mean-" I cut him off in the middle of his sentence by groaning out loud this time. The offended look I got from him was nothing compared to what I usually got, so I ignored. "Man, I love you. You're my best friend and I'd take a bullet to the dick for you, but this is a pointless conversation."

He huffed at me and threw his fork at me, not that it actually hit me. Within the point two seconds it would have taken to hit me, I'd turned it in mid-air and directed it down his t-shirt and binder. He flinched and spazzed out for a second as I burst into too loud laughter and stood from my chair. He glared up at me as he took the fork from his shirt and practically hissed. "You need to stop doing that, or one of these someone's gonna see."

"You'll be fine!" I mocked as I left the café we'd been in with a wave. I grinned at the people I passed and repeatedly threw my phone into the air only to catch it confidently. The walk wasn't all that far to my American Lit. class and I had to admit that I was kind of excited. It was an interesting subject, useless to what I wanted to do with my life, but interesting. The eye candy wasn't too bad either. Not only was the professor hot but I had a thing for boys' in glasses.

When I had finally taken my seat and set all of my stuff down I was satisfied to turn and stare at the guy a few rows behind me contentedly. And I may or may not have slid his glasses down his nose just to watch him have to push them back up. Telekinesis was very handy sometimes- kind of like me. Just in two extremely different ways.

While TK was one of the more commonly found abilities, I was proud to have it. Even if I couldn't show it off. It was fun and I liked to mess with people. Harry knew I had it, but only because I'd known him since he was a she going by Harriet. He was better at keeping my secret than I was thankfully, or I'd probably be in the hands of the government by now. He scolded me a lot and passed my ability off as a magic trick when I did get caught by others.

I turned in my seat and finally started to jot some notes onto my paper when it was clear that the hottie in glasses was no longer going to be bothered by his glasses. "Dude, these notes kinda suck." The girl sitting next to me said as she glared at Professor Mann's back. I laughed slightly and said, "I guess the notes and I have something in common, except I don't kinda suck. It's all or none with me." She turned and gave me a shocked look as I made a hand motion as though I were blowing someone. She shook her and muttered something about maturity under her breath. I just shrugged her off and ran a hand though my longish hair. What a prude.

When class was finally over I practically skipped to my car as I hummed to the tune in my head. I watched as my car unlocked without a touch and easily slid into the drivers side. I honked my horn obnoxiously as I exited the campus parking lot. The way home was a short drive and I sang loudly to the radio I had playing, terribly and off key.

Even though I went to Liberal Arts Academy, which was mostly dominated by singers and the such, I was awful. I was there to paint. And draw. And sculpt. And anything else that really related. I was dedicated.

In high school, I'd been praised for my work. I won all the art shows, was Art Club president, and did the school mural. College though, Jesus. So many times I'd actually considered dropping it and joining my dad in Las Vegas to do "magic". He's who I got my telekinesis from, except he didn't even try to hide his. He's actually a really popular magician. I still don't know how he hasn't been dragged away yet. It's a good thing, obviously, just really shocking. I'd known quite a few people who were caught and never to be seen again after using their abilities in public.

It was a scary deal, but I'd seen enough movies and TV shows to be grateful that worse didn't happen to us.

I pulled up to my apartment building and rushed inside, excited to see my little family away from my family. As I was running up the stairs I heard her. "Ridge James Akabane! Stop running on those stairs!" I stopped looked up in embarrassment, a blush covering my pale cheeks and covering my freckles. On the second story stood Ms.Wilkins who was sweet but cruel. Constantly taunting me about the one time I fell and nearly tore out my lip piercings.

I smiled and walked the rest of the way towards her. "Hello ma'am."

"Akabane, I swear to God you're going to kill yourself one of these days." She always called me by my last name, and I think it's just because she liked pronouncing it. It was a cool last name, I guess, coming from my dad who moved here from Japan.

I passed the old woman and entered my apartment only to smile immediately. "Hello, children!" I exclaimed the six cats that came to greet me at the door.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you liked! I really enjoy writing this character, he's so sassy. tell if you see any mistakes.

Make sure to VCF, love you guys!