13. A Boring English Man

Hey guys! Sabastian in the media! Tell me what you think! ♡♡♡

It was only after a hush came over the bar that I realized I had shouted at Ridge.

I can't stop looking at the flannel-clad fool before me, and it takes me great effort to turn my head to look at the people in the bar. I wave apologetically, then stand from the piano, my loose sweater swishing against my legs.

"Come with me, Ridge."

I lead him into the small office, where I close the door behind us.

"What in the bloody hell is going on, Ridge? And you had better explain well!"

He looks innocently up at me through his lashes, I guess I am a great deal taller than him, before jumping right into a quickly spoken excuse.

"I felt really bad about how our date ended the other night but I just had to try to do something to get you back. I know you have to have some sort of feelings for me, because not even a British God like you couldn't lie like that for a whole day. So I decided I would make it up to you, or at least prove to you that you were missing out, because I really like you Sabastian. And let's face it. You really would be missing out."

When he finally stops to take a breath, Ridge holds his arms out to me, handing over the bouquet of violets like it was a peace offering.

I had begun blushing somewhere around "Not even a British God like you," and I already knew what had to be said. The truth. But not here, and not right now.

Instead, I accept the flowers and make a point not to mention the fresh tattoo and red skin on his chest.

"Can we meet after I'm don't working?"

Ridge nods at me, and inevitably gives me a wink on his way out.

"How's the diner on the corner?"

He leaves me, once again, alone in the office before I can answer.

...

The diner, through grungy and rather dirty looking on the outside, was actually very clean on the inside, as far as 24 hour diners went. Ridge and I took a seat in one of the fairly lit booths, and neither of us spoke until our waitress made her way over to us.

She had long, golden red hair swishing behind her, resting just above the tie of the apron around her waist.

"Hello. I'm Clarissa, and I will be taking care of you gentlemen for the rest of the night."

She had a voice that was soft and velvety- rough without being raspy. She smiles at us, and I raise my eyebrow at Ridge.

"Do you have," He looks down at the menu, then looks up at the waitress, "peppermint tea?"

She smiles at him.

"I'll see what I can do."

I get warm tea as well, and a basket of cheese fries to share, and I speak once the waitress is out of earshot.

"I'm sorry about my actions after our date, Ridge."

"No, I'm sorry. I knew you were different than most of the- okay, all of the guys I've been with. I just got excited."

And because Ridge isn't Ridge unless he's being inappropriate, he adds a smirk at the end, gazing seductively at me from the other side of the table.

"Here you are! Have a good night, boys, holler if you need me." With that, the waitress sets down our order and leaves us alone at the table.

"Ridge, I need you to understand something about me."

I take a sip of my tea, and then scoot it away from me so I can sit back and look Ridge in the eyes.

"I'm not like most people are, especially when it comes to- "My face flushes slightly. "Especially when it comes to relationships. As you have obviously noticed, I'm nothing like most people when it comes to that. I've never been with anyone the way I know you have, Ridge."

I notice when I say this that Ridge allows himself to smirk knowingly in my direction.

"I've had boyfriends and even girlfriends here and there, but no one I can honestly say I loved." I pause to make sure he is listening. "I've never had sex, Ridge, and I've barely kissed people in the past."

Ridge looks almost disappointed, sitting across from me with his green eyes shining, making them look even brighter than they are.

"But Ridge. Of all the times I have, I've never felt a thing. I was never doing it for myself. It was always for the other person. But for the first time ever, the other night with you, I found myself kissing you back. Not because I knew that's what you wanted, but because I wanted to. Because a part of me cares about you. You inappropriate, foolish bloke."

I smile at him, so he knows I'm not angry.

"I pushed you away because I wasn't expecting the feelings that came with kissing you. But now that I know they exist-"

I stop again, feeling another blush.

"Now that I know, I want to get to know you more, Ridge. Maybe even ask you to be my boyfriend."

I see his posture visibly straighten, and I could tell the idea of him being my boyfriend excited him. I say the next part quietly, timidly. Testing out the words, because even I hadn't thought of what they might mean.

"And maybe even the boyfriend I know you expect, one day. I would understand if you didn't want to wait for that-"

Before I can finish, the impulsive boy in front of me, the boy who was actually three years my elder, leans across the booth, and takes my sweater in both of his hands, pulling me close to him so our faces are mere inches apart.

"Sabastian Atticus Woolf. Are you asking me out?"

He says this in such a seductive tone that I can only laugh. True, side-splitting laughter, leaving tears streaming down my face and my cheeks burning.

Ride sits back in the booth, feigning embarrassment.

"I need to rethink my approach! I'm losing my swag! My sex appeal!"

He stands from the table, where I'm still laughing, throwing his hands into the air in defeat.

"And to think, I've been wasting it all on you! A boring English man!"

"Boring?"

He gives me a quick wink and a smirk before running out of the diner, leaving me to throw cash on the table, and chase him out into the cool air, where the moon was full, illuminating the beauty that was now in front of me.

And that beauty was the retreating figure of the one and only Ridge Akabane.

My boyfriend.

OH MY GOD I'M ACTUALLY IN LOVE WITH MY BABIES.

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 13!

I have a huge favor, and I would love to hear what you have to say. Do you guys have any ideas on good ship names for Sabs and Ridge? Please comment here, or personally @Insomniatic_love

You all are gems!