Come on, he's not going to do anything.

He's your mate. My wolf faint voice was heard in my head after which she disappeared, like always.

I nodded my head agreeing with what she said. I should go talk to him, now or never.

I walked slowly with counting steps towards his study all the while praying to let him visit my old pack or at least let my family visit me.

I reached outside his study sooner than I had expected. I wiped my hands once again on my shorts before curling my right hand in a loose fist to knock on the door.

Knock, knock.

My ears perked up as I knocked, hearing every little thing as I waited patiently for him to let me in.

I breathed in deeply when I heard his deep voice. "Come in."

I gulped slowly and turned the door knob opening the door halfway, enough to get in me.

His eyes were zeroed on a file in his hand as his eyes scanned everything that was printed on the sheet of white paper. I made my way towards his desk and stood opposite of him behind the chair.

He didn't look up to acknowledge my presence. I waited for him to look at me or at least let me know that he knows I was here.

When I didn't say anything for a while. He sighed heavily but kept his eyes fixated on the file in his hand. He turned the page. "What is it?" He asked without glancing at me.

I bit my lip and shuffled a little nervous on how to ask him. "Can I...um... I really want to..but I don't..." I wasn't sure how to start or how to talk without making him angry at me.

He kept the file down and looked up at me. His gaze cold as always. "I don't have all night, Meryl. Say it." His voice was deep as he held my gaze.

My heart fluttered a little when he addressed me with my name. He hardly talks to me and hearing him say my name gave me a warm feeling.

I kept this feelings aside for a moment and concentrate at the situation at hand.

"Can I visit my old pack?" I asked looking down at my shoe and then at him trying to gawk his reaction.

His expression remained neutral, he didn't say anything but picked the file back up and read again. "No." His answer held a finality in it.

I blinked at him waiting for him to say anything else like the reason why I can't or something like that but he didn't elaborate any further.

" If that's all that you had to ask than you can go now." He said looking at his file and not at me.

I shuffled on my feet again contemplating whether to do as he said and walked out or give another try, at least.

He raised his head up and stared at me. His eyes where dark brown which was showing his displeasure at me.

"Um, if I can't then can my family visit me, here?" I asked quickly.

"No." He growled out. His eyes and tone held a warning look in them, which tells me to drop this topic and head back to bed.

But me being desperate enough to meet my parents and my desire to see them got the best of me. "But why can't they if I can't go there?" I dared to ask.

"Because it's my pack and I wouldn't allow anyone else who is not a member of this pack to step a foot here unless I say otherwise." He actually answered me which surprised me. I expected him to shoo me out of the study or even order me to but he didn't and it gave me a confidence to ask him further.

"But i am your mate and they are my family." I tried to reasoned out why they can visit with him.

He was oddly calm which didn't settled well with me. "You're my mate and that's it. Nothing else, nothing more."

His words stung, my eyes welled up but I tried to held them back. I breathed in deeply trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"And also your father called in the afternoon and requested to visit to meet you but I declined." He said it as if it was no big deal.

I couldn't help the gasp that left my mouth at his words. "Why didn't you let him?" I asked through my tears.

"Because I don't want him to." He didn't look even a tad bit effected my state instead he flicked his hand indicating the conversation was over.

I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat. My hands formed in a fist and my heart hammered wildly due to all the emotions I was feeling at same time.

My wolf was saying something but I couldn't hear what she was saying because I was blinded by my emotions.

Xerxes tilted his head up and glared at me when he noticed I was still standing where I stood a few minutes ago.

It looked like he was about to say something but I beat him to it. "I wish you weren't my mate." I whispered through my tears. His eyes turned hard at my words, he stood up from his chair glaring at me.

I wanted to shrink away by his hard glare directing at me but I didn't let myself fall on my knees or let him do what he wished instead I stood my ground and looked at him square in the eye and said the next words.

"I wish you never had a mate."

*~*~*

Note:-

Xerxes Knight would updated every Wednesday and if not then on Sunday.

Thank you so much for following this story, pretties^^

Till then,

Vote, comment, share.