Seventeen

Shawn ~
Once I had finished loading most of Camila and my boxes into the moving van, I climb the steps back up to our apartments to get Camila.

Opening the door into her apartment, which isn't really hers anymore, I spot Camila simply sitting on the carpeted living room floor. My footsteps echo in the empty space as I take a seat next to her.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask before continuing to silently watch her. The expression on her face doesn't make her seem sad, but reminiscent instead.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you." She blurts out. With heat rising to my cheeks, I intertwine our fingers. "Is it bad that I feel this way for someone I've only known for, like, a year?" Another question enters the conversation.

"No, why think that?"

"My mom thinks I'm ridiculous for falling so quick."

"You are, but so am I."

"What if all we do goes to waste? Wha-what if everything we worked hard to keep goes away one day?"

"Why do you always ask questions? Why don't you ever think of the positive side of things?"

"I'm just trying to be realistic."

"Try being spontaneous."

"Spontaneous isn't reality. It seems all cute and shit until you lose everything you love."

"You're not going to lose everything. You'll still have your job, your family, your love for art--"

"But you're my everything."

My arms automatically wrapped Camila in my embrace. She had always been a worrier. Maybe she'll be more of a stress free person when we get to San Diego. Her breathing had slowed down, hinting at her comfort.

I stand up and pull her up from her cross crossed position. Shining that beautiful smile at me, we walk toward the door.

"Goodbye..." Camila mumbles, tracing her fingertips on the edge of the doorframe as we exit.