Seven

Three Weeks Later

Camila ~
           I shook my head as I continued to stress out about not knowing what to do for my topic. Not to be super vague, but I have to write a piece on the scenery of LA. Not exactly what I went to college for, but it's my job to pursue this article. There are thousands of articles of scenery in LA, so I have to put some sort of twist that makes it my own. The problem is that I don't know what that "twist" could be. I don't even know which part of LA I should do. This whole thing is stressing me out.

A pair of knocks interrupted my thoughts and I lost my train of thought. I never really had a train of thought in the first place. I removed my laptop off of my lap and slowly walked to the door. I had no motivation to go answer the door, but it could be some UPS guy with my package. I've been waiting a month for a new pair of shoes I ordered. Ridiculous.

I opened the door to see Shawn with a wide grin on his rosy cheeks.

"Hey, Shawn." I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"What's wrong?" He let himself into my apartment before taking a seat on the infamous couch. I reluctantly took a seat next to him as our eyes locked.

"This piece I have to write. It's... It's stupid, that's all." I rubbed my forehead in frustration. He peered over to the silver, open laptop and browsed through my open tabs.

"Scenery... Of... LA?" He clarifies my topic as I nod. "What do you have so far?" I tossed my one subject spiral notebook onto his lap. He flipped through it all until he reached my tabbed page.

Scenery In LA:
Grass
Dirt
No water
Pokemon Go players
Me

"I can't think of anything related to scenery here." He handed me notebook before I set it back down on my coffee table.

" 'Pokemon Go players?' "He chuckled as those words left his mouth.

"They're everywhere." I added to the conversation.

He licked his lips as they parted. "Why don't I show you a place that has the best scenery in LA?" "Where?!" I jumped in excitement as hope sparked in my eyes. "Runyon Canyon Park?" He shrugged his shoulders at me. "I've never been." I returned the shrug to him.

"We should go!"

"Yeah! Totally!"

"We have to get changed into hiking clothes, though."

"Hiking? Ugh. I'm too lazy."

"You can bring your notebook and write down some notes on the scenery."

"I don't think I have hiking clothes."

"Just wear a tank top and shorts."

"... Ok."

We both rushed off to get properly dressed to hike. I took his simple suggestion and wore a tank top and shorts. Hopefully this is good enough. I put my lanky hair up into a slicked back ponytail and checked myself out in the mirror.

Looking good, I thought.

"Camila! Are you ready?" Shawn shouted all the way from the door. I walked out of my room and saw Shawn just as ready as I am.

"Hey, looking good." He seductively (as a joke) but his lip.

"That's what I thought!"