»part 8 » drunken jail time

Start from the beginning

     Lip.

     "I see you delivered." Lip said from behind me, placing his arm above me on the door.

     Mickey nodded, "Not without a fight," he said whipping the blood from his nose, "Guy didn't seem too happy about it."

     I felt my stomach pinch at the thought of angry Bobby, "What did you do to him?"

     "Just told him he shouldn't take what's not his," He shrugged, "After we gave him a major beat down. He was tough. It was nothing me and my brothers couldn't handle."

     When Bobby got angry, it was like he was a whole different person. A person that I didn't know. A person that I was afraid of.

     "So I held up my end of the deal." Mickey wiggled my bag around. I could punch him.

     Lip nodded, "I'll get you your paper by the end of the day."

     Mickey stood their in silence before speaking, "This is why I like you Gallagher's." Mickey smirked as he threw my backpack towards my greedy hands.

     I could breathe.

     "I'll be seein' ya." He said as he walked towards the front gate.

     I was overwhelmed. There were so many thoughts going through my head so I did the only thing I could think of. I ran after Mickey.

     "Wait," I said, lightly grabbing his shoulder, "Was he okay?"

     Mickey stopped to face me and snorted, "He was still breathing when we left, if that's what you're wondering."

     "Did he say anything?" I asked keeping my voice low. I didn't know why I was asking all these questions. I told myself I didn't care about the fool but I didn't want him dead because of me. Funny how some people won't do to others what they've done to them.

     He shook his head, "He was too busy coughing up blood for me to hear anything."

     Hopefully he wouldn't come back. Hopefully Mickey scared the shit out of him. Hopefully.

     I pursed my lips before grabbing Mickey by the shoulders and embracing him in a tight hug. He smelt like cigarettes and blood mixed with sweat but I didn't care. He brought it back. He brought me back.

     "Thank you." I said quietly.

     I could feel his hands awkwardly pat my back, "Monaco," I pulled away to look at him, "If he ever comes back, just say the words and I'll end him."

     Mickey was good. Whether he liked it or not.

     I nodded as Mickey shot me his infamous grin before leaving.

     I stood there for a moment with my backpack in hand. I was too scared to look in it. I don't know what I would do if it was gone. The pack was still pretty hefty so I could tell that not everything was missing.

     "Are you gonna stand there all day?" Lip called from the porch. I turned around to see him looking at me in a way that made my skin feel tingly.

     My heart raced thinking about what his lips would feel like on mine at 7 in the morning. I shook my head realizing how crazy I sounded.

     I swung the backpack over my shoulder and ran towards the living room. Ripping open the backpack made me feel like I wanted to hurl.

     "Is everything in there?" He asked with a coffee mug in his beautiful hands.

     I turned the backpack upside down, discarding my whole life on the lumpy sofa that was my bed. My hands moved quickly over my belongings: some extra clothes, my toothbrush, my makeup, one hundred and twenty dollars exactly, five pill bottles, and-