2

Dedicated to LasiDhebs22 this is the chapter you asked for lol coming 2 weeks late I hope you like it.
   And thanks to my sister bloomxena for your help on this chap ♥.

Remember when I said this term will suck? Well, I was damn right about that.

As I arrived at the school gate there was a clear difference from the previous week, there where a lot more students being dropped off by their parents or Okada (commercial bikes) although I wasn't sure if this was how it had  been, because I didn't go to school for the rest of the previous week after my trouser was torn.

  As I walked past the school gate I was relieved not to see Mr Tunde or any of his partners in crime punishing students but it seemed that was because of the general assembly. I totally forgot about that honestly I would rather be told to pick up litter than join the general assembly, we could be there for 30 minutes waiting for the vice principal and when he arrives he will just speak for 5 minutes.

The school compound was so large that walking from one place to another was an excerise luckily whoever designed the school was sympathetic enough to place the assembly hall close to the gate as I got to the I removed my blazer from my bag and wore it, one of the school regulations is to always wear our blazers during the assembly luckily I always kept mine in my bag.

Lucky for me as I arrived at the assembly hall the drummers started beating the vice principals theme song(yeah you read right he has his own theme song) so I quickly rushed to the SS3 section waved at the assembly prefect (one of the perks of being a senior, prefects don't punish their mates) and sat at the first free space I saw before any teacher decided to punish me for my tardiness.

  Mr Isa or as students call him guru, don't ask me why when we got to the school he was already being called that. Majestically walked towards his podium, He is a tall man certainly older than 50 with graying hair and as usual wearing his signature caftan.

"Good morning students, welcome to another fabulous school year" at that everyone groaned

"Although I am disappointed in you, because I know for a large majority of you this is your first day of school and as you are well aware you were told to resume on the 9th not 16th, so as punishment any student who did not sign his or her class attendance last week would have 10 marks deducted from their C.A at the end of the term.
His statement caused an uproar among the students mainly the juniors. SS3 students weren't affected by this decision only our Waec (West Africa Examination council) and Neco (National Examination council) were important to us and the school had no power over them so while the juniors were freaking out the SS3 were having their own discussions.

"Silence!!" Mr Isa suddenly shouted through his microphone his face turning red, I could see Mr Tunde smile at us from the teachers section he was probably hoping the principal would tell him to punish some students if not all of us at the assembly.

"SS3 stay behind the rest of you may go to your classes" I quickly got up from my chair and walked towards the chair that my friends Shuaib and Are were sitting.

  Then Mr Isa started talking about school fees and the usual what not I tuned out, then Shuaib looked at me and said    

  You know what Dayo? All these girls that use to form for me ehn? I will marry the most beautiful woman I can find and invite them to the wedding"
I looked at him like what is this one talking about sef the guy and he's random outburst scares me because this is out of character for him, he is the serious one in our group Mr no nonsense he only manages to say something out of context when his unhappy and besides he is just seeing for the first time this term and that's what he says first?.  

   "So which girl do you like this" I asked him wanting to offer comfort but also hear gist.
"hmm... Dayo na that stupid girl Khairat with her small body and tiny boobs that will forming holy Mary up and down just because I made the mistake of telling I liked her CHAI! If you saw what she did to me you will pity me in fact I pity me o" he said shaking his head and gesturing with his hands, then I raised my eyebrow and asked "mistakenly told her?"  he looked at me for some time before mumbling "yes".

  "Guy na you fuck up, don't you know all these GA schoolgirls  once you tell them you have a like them or you have a crush on them they will start acting like second God!! Na why I no dey bother my self with them". (Only because I haven't had time to ask one out)
   "That's true sha but still one has to try luck you know? Shoot your shot" he said agreeing with me.

I just rolled my eyes at that moment Assembly was dismissed and everyone was already heading to class and I didn't pay attention I will just have to ask someone for the info.

Once Shuaib and I got outside the hall we started removing our blazer like everyone else, it is Comporsry on Monday's to wear our complete uniform. If there is one thing I love about my school it's the uniform.  An ash trouser, blue shirt, red tie and black blazer but on hot days the blazer really sucks especially in the afternoons.

"Hey dayo, Shuaib wait for me!" we turned to see one of our class mate Promise running towards us.
"Promise what's up" Shuaib said when she finally caught up with us. Promise was one of the few female friends I had in school people tend to assume we are dating because we are always together in class and nothing we say changes their minds.

"Ah Shuaib I have been looking everywhere for you, Chai I heard something and it's not nice at all " at this point we had stopped walking and were standing by the school dining hall.

"What did you hear?" Shuaib looked alarmed I guess I would have been if I was the one in this situation, gossip in this school could destroy a person.

"Calm down joor, it's Khairat I heard her telling her friends that you asked her out.

I couldn't believe this was what Princess wanted to talk about, I thought it was something damaging and by the relieved face Shuaib made I knew felt the same "Yes he did so what? "

Hands on her hips the face she made told me she was clearly wondering why we were so dumb "Don't you get it she is dating Josh in A class and it will seem like you want to steal his girl and apart from that the things she said were not faltering at all.

I could not believe my ears Khairat the class good girl the one who didn't even like it when boys sat down in the same chair with her had a boyfriend! This world is truly about to end.

"Wait are you telling me she is dating Josh? I asked in shock

"Wait you didn't know?  Gosh why are you guys always behind on what's happening in school, I wonder how the both of you always get good grades with that your brains.

Princess don't worry about that Josh can't do anything to me and as for her nothing she says can affect my reputation apart from her friends no one will believe her that's why it's good to be good.

Before we could reply we heard "Three of you get on your knees!" turning back I saw Mr Emmanuel walking towards us, God I can't seem to catch a break this term.

Please vote and comment what you think, much love ♥ Miraj.

PS this is my first book so there will be errors just inform me when you spot them.