Chapter 15

The robots kept coming out in waves. Robin's communicator alerted him as he took out another robot. Flipping it open he read the message. "Titans: Two other worms have come to the surface at other parts of they city and more robots are attacking."

"Where the heck did this army come from?" Beast Boy asked.

Robin remained silent. He did not know. All the technology, parts, materials to make such robots were being done outside regular commerce. That was just how Slade and the most serious villains operated. Off the grid.

"That does not matter right now, they are here and we have to stop them." Robin threw a disc at a concentration of robots. It exploded destroying them instantly.

"Beast Boy, stay here with Cyborg. Keep them here, don't let them spread out over the city."

"Alright! Time to bring on the noise!" Cyborg shouted crushing more robots and herding them to the tunnel entrance by hurling a car at a flanking squad coming at them. The police forces backing up the Titans tried to keep the sladebots from escaping into the city.

Robin got on his R-cycle and Starfire flew off to the other breakthrough point.

While the Titans on the surface battled to save the city from the army of robots the Titans below caught up to the worm.

Superboy was about to strike when Selene said, "Wait! It looks like it headed back for repairs and it is going down."

A moment later the worm entered an huge chamber far below in the earth.

"You were right, looks like we were expected." Terra said.

A large army of sladebot were training their weapons on the Titans. Raven formed a shield with her powers as the mechanized army opened fire.

"Terra." Raven shouted pointing to the solid ground before the advancing army.

"I'm on it." Terra's eyes glowed a golden yellow light as she made a large section of the earth lift and speed to the robots like a wave.

Some of the Sladebots turned to Selene. As they closed in a crack formed above her on the rockface. The robots looked up. A torrent of water burst toward them. Water in the bedrock swept around the cavern. The army was destoryed in a few moments. Terra resealed the earth with her power stopping the flow of water.

"In here." Superboy said looking at an even larger chamber.

In the center of the room was a large computer with a holographic display. A display of Titan's Tower.

"Ah the Teen Titans. You have arrived a little earlier than expected. Your new friends Raven are very good." Slade said stepping out of the shadows.

Superboy attempted to attack Slade. He got a hand on him and then was surprised by him slipping from his grasp and with a judo throw sent him into the wall.

The Titan was about to attack again when Slade raised his hand. "Do that again and this whole place comes down?" he said with a finger on a trigger.

"Are you crazy, you'll be killed too." Terra shouted.

"He really isn't here, he is a robot." Superboy explained after scanning him with his X-ray vision.

"What do you want Slade?" Raven asked looking at the terrorist in its menicing machanical eye.

"Just to deliver a message." He backed up to the computer keeping his eye on them all. Pressing a button on the console a worm flew into the air above them.

It formed a ring and began moving faster as a loud whine began to build.

Superboy put his hands over his ears and fell to one knee.

"Its calling to you isn't it?" Slade said pulling a stone from a pouch in his belt.

The stone had a symbol on it. One that looked like a symbol on his ship. Superboy struggled to block out the sound. Selene gathered the water from the previous room and attacked Slade.

The stone fell out of Slade's hand and it is suspended the air. Superboy raised his arm to the stone and it flew into his hand. The sound stopped. "Interesting." Slade said recovering from Selene's attack. Selene was able to disable the trigger Slade was carrying on him.

Boom!

The Titans looked up. The worm fired lasers into the rockbed above. Slade disappeared. Raven flew over to the display. "We have to hack the computer. Those worms are tough."

"Robin, the worms are firing a drilling beam into the rock above us." Terra reported over he communicator.

"We took out one worm, but the other is over Titan's Tower!"

"Slade is trying to take down the tower." Selene said reading the display. The beams continued to cut into the rock quickly.

"We should smash the computer!"

"No, we need to hack it!" Raven said trying to find a way to turn off the drillers.

"Look out!" Selene said as a large boulder crashes into the terminal. The drilling beams became more intense.

"Ok, so smashing the computer was a bad idea." Terra admitted.

"We stopped the drill up here." Robin reported.

"Whoa! The beams have broken through!" their leader said over his communicator.

The Titans on the surface watched in horror as their home began to sink into the bay. The rock holding up the tower began to sink into the chamber the Titans underground were in. "We have to go!" Raven said.

"No." Superboy said. He flew up to the rock coming down on them. To all their surprise he was able to stop the Tower from sinking further.

"Hold on!" Terra shouted. She gathered her power and fired it up toward the Tower as well.

Raven added her own power to lifting the Tower.

"Our home it is saved!" Starfire cheered.

Terra sealed the rock that was drilled. After the Tower was secure Terra and Raven collapsed the caverns.

Back at the Titans Tower the Titans enjoyed returning to their nearly destroyed home. Superboy then showed Robin the stone Slade had in his possession. "It was calling to me. The symbol looks familiar, but I don't know what it means."

"Whatever it is Slade is aiming for all of us and especially Superboy."

Superboy nodded. "We can stop him, together."

Far away in France and in China two stones with strange symbols begin to glow with an otherworldly light