Chapter 13

"This is Channel 6 news coming to you LIVE from Wayne Industries in Jump City. The situation is tense as what looks like an army that has taken over the building. This research and development center is one of the most state of the art in computer development. What appears to be terrorists are holding back the police who are unable get inside the building at this time. The Teen Titans, Jump City's resident heroes have been able to battle their way inside."

(The scene on the screen changed to show Robin on his motorcycle jumping over the police barrier. Three other heroes joined him as they ran inside and the police covered the entrance.)

"It appears Robin, with three new Titans, has joined the struggle to put a stop to the situation here. City Hall had announced earlier today the new additions to the Titan's team. While we do not know their names yet it appears they have been put to work right away."

The newscast continued to broadcast their LIVE feed of the breaking story outside the building, inside Robin got a fix on Cyborg's location.

"Robin, you should know it's him." Cyborg said over the communicator.

An explosion sounded in the distance along with crashing metal.

Robin doubled his pace. "Give me a code name now or I make them up." Robin said charging down the hall. "Terra with two r's." Terra said running behind Robin. The leader of the Titans raised an eyebrow then shrugged. "Arlene" Alexandra said then they all turned to Leo.

"Five seconds Farm Boy." Robin said when Leo did not say anything yet. "How about Boy Scout?" Terra said as they were about to reach the end of the hall. "Superboy." Chloe said.

"Superboy get to Cyborg, Arlene cover Raven, Terra help out Beast Boy. Titans Go!"

What looked like fifty Sladebots were swarming over the Titans as five worked on the vault. A quick scan from Leo revealed they were all robots. Not having to hold back the Titans attacked quickly and brutally. In a minute the fight was over.

Robin caught the last robot as it finally cracked the vault to the research lab. He took off the mask revealing a monitor underneth. "Well done Robin. I see you have new friends. Very interesting."

Leo could see a man with only one eye. He stared at Robin with a cold, caculating gaze. "Nothing interesting about it Slade. We stopped you, leave the city or we will bring you in."

"I haven't even begun." Slade said playfully like he was playing one big game. "Let's see if you can stop this."

The ground began to quake. "It wasn't me." Terra said defensively.

"Seismic generators. They are in three places along the fault line of the city. The city has recieved my demands, they have one hour to comply. Not that time is a factor, I control the detonator." Slade explained holding the trigger in his hand.

With an angry yell Robin lifted the robotic body smashing it to pieces.

After taking a deep cleansing breath he turned to his team.

"Cyborg, coordinate the others along the fault line. Find those generators. We need to shut them down together. Show Superboy an image and schematics of a Seismic generator. We need you to find them and relay that to the others so we can destroy them at the same time. Slade will trigger the rest if we don't."

"If we fail Terra I need you to do your best to counter the effects of the generators."

The police had moved into the building after the all clear from the Titans. Yet now with a new crisis law enforcement had to patrol the streets to keep the citizens of Jump City safe and evacute as many people as possible or at least prepare for a disaster.

"In the face of this madman, Slade, the city is held in his grip of terror. Seismic technology is a recent development to reduce earthquake damage. No offical is taking the threat of Slade lightly. Heroes and governments have felt the power of one of the worst terrorists many times. As most of you know Slade strikes without warning, and without mercy, please follow instructions from local government and emergency specialists. An earthquake alert is in effect. We will keep you infromed as long as we can to any new developments with the Titans."

"As of right now they have left Wayne Industries and are coordinating with police to find the generators. Only time will tell if they can help us before it is too late."

Superboy used his superspeed as he scanned the area with his x-ray vision to find the seismic generators on the fault line. "Found them, sending coordinates." he reported back over his communicator.

"Cyborg at generator one."

"Starfire I am at the second."

"This is Superboy at the third."

"Smash them in three, two, one, now!" Robin ordered.

Robin was the closest to Starfire and watched her punch the generator dead center. It exploded and he ran to the Tameranian as she hit the dirt. She got up quickly, not even a scratch.

"Are you okay?" he asked her. She nodded looking at the flaming creater that was once a sophisticated machine. "I really don't like that man." she muttered.

"This is Arlene, Generator three destroyed."

"Raven. Generator one destroyed."

"Man, what is with that guy, what did we do to get a psycho here in our city?" Beast Boy complained.

"I don't know, he is still out there and we have got to stop him." Robin said looking out over the city. "Good work Terra, Superboy, Arlene. Cyborg take one of these home and signal the police to pick up the other two."

"Roger."

"The city has again been saved by the Teen Titans. Although Slade is still out there the Titans will hunt him down and continue to protect the citizens of Jump City. If anyone has any information that can help the investigation to bring down Slade please call the number on the screen. The mayor is about to hold a press conference in a few minutes. We will keep you informed of any developments."

Back at Titan's Tower they hauled the damaged seismic generator into the garage. Cyborg scanned it for traps or any covert devices like spy cameras. It was clean.

Superboy was helping Cyborg get it ready to be disassembled.

"Exciting first day." he smiled over at one of the newest Titans.

"Is it always like this?" Superboy asked.

"Only the slow days, only the slow ones." Cyborg joked getting his equipment ready.