Chapter 4: Red

Depuis le début

I smile. "Great."

I walk to the front gate and hop over it and land on the other side. I head to the nearest town.

•••

I look around the streets, taking in my surroundings. There are many humans walking up and down the vast streets, conversing with each other among other things. It makes me sad to think about because I was like them once, I was human a little over two years ago.

Someone taps on my shoulder and I turn around to face them. They have dark brown hair, darker than mine. They say something to me and I think they were asking me directions but I can't be sure.

"I don't speak Romanian, sorry," I apologize, hoping they at least speak a bit of English or this will be awkward for the both of us.

"That's alright. I speak English as well," the man says, kindly. "I just assumed since your in Romania."

I begin walking again. "Yeah, but I'm not native."

He tilts his head and walks in step with me. "Really, where did you grow up?"

"America."

"Why did you travel all the way over to Europe?"

"It's personal."

"I won't judge."

I sigh. "My parents didn't accept the gender I'm attracted to and they kicked me out. So, I moved away, to another country."

This is actually half a lie. I was actually taken from my home because I was a vampire, but my parents didn't like the idea that I liked the same sex.

"So, you're gay?"

I nod.

"And are you seeing anyone at the moment?"

"No offense but I think your too old for me," I tease.

"I'm only thirty years old, pretty boy."

I chuckle. "Your old."

"How old are you then?"

I smirk. "Why would you like to know?" I reach up to fix my sunglasses.

His eyes travel to my hand and I don't see any discomfort in his face. "That colour of nail polish looks great on you."

I blush at the compliment and let my hand fall to my side. Nobody, except Kaden, has ever been that sincere toward me. "Thank you."

"So how old are you?" He asks me again. "I want to compare our ages."

"I'm 18."

His eyes widen. "You're young. I'm almost 15 years older than you."

"I see that."

"Okay, red. Would you mind if I took you out for coffee?" He asks.

"I don't drink coffee."

"What do you drink then?"

"I'm fine. I'm not thirsty. But if you wanted to get something."

"No, its okay. I'll wait until your thirsty."

He walks ahead of me and I don't have to exert myself too much to keep up.

"So, I didn't get your name," I tell him.

"Will you tell me yours as well?" He asks.

I shrug. "I guess."

He holds out his hand. "I'm Alex."

I join our hands and shake his. "Mack."

•••

I enter the castle hours later and a few minutes after sundown. I honestly had a great time today and Alex is a great guy. We ended up getting drinks and I had to discreetly run to the bathroom to dispose of the liquid from my system.

I walk up the various stairs and down various hallways to Kaden and my bedroom. I open the door and Kaden jumps from the bed and attacks me in a hug, burying his face in my neck.

"I'm so sorry Mack. Your right about everything. I just love you so much and I don't want you to hate me. I was so worried. I lo-"

I cut him off with a quick kiss. "I love you too and I'm not mad anymore."

"That's good... I need you, princess. I needed you all day."

"Then take me," I whisper.

_______________

A/N: Thoughts on Mack and Kaden's fight? Thoughts on Alex? Other thoughts?