Chapter 42 - "Five months isn't that long."

The day of Dodger's wedding a gentle pressure on Amelia's hand, and the soft sound of her name being called, pulled her from her doze. She blinked and looked down to see Sebastian's hand laced through her's.

"Aims. We're here." he said, softly.

She gave him a questioning look, then looked down at their hands.

"Your hand looked lonely sitting there by itself, so I took pity on it," he said.

She laughed, pulling her hand away.

"You're ridiculous, you know that right?"

"For you, a bit," he said, with a crooked smile.

Cool, salty sea air rushed to meet Amelia as she stepped from the car. She moved to the edge of the parking lot, looking down to the beach. The water stretched endlessly before them, becoming a sheet of still royal blue. Sebastian came to stand beside her, his expression thoughtful. Amelia looked at him. She jumped when his hand found her's and the corners of his mouth covered up.

"Enjoying the view?" Sebastian asked.

A blush filled her cheeks and his hand tightened. He looked at her.

"Hey," he said, making the word long and drawn out, as if there was a deeper meaning beneath.

Amelia fought against the idiotic smile that was threatening to break across her face.

"Sebastian Colfax, you are making this extremely difficult," Amelia said, feigning frustration.

He gave her a wicked grin.

"Good. Come on, we should head inside," Sebastian said, simply.

He collected their garment bags and headed to the large hotel. The doors were pulled open for them as they approached, doormen welcoming them to The Château. Sebastian directed Amelia to the elevators.

The doors dinged open and Sebastian guided Amelia down the long hallway. He stopped at the last door. The sound of girl's excited chatter and laughter could be heard on the other side.

"Emma is in there with all the bridesmaids," Sebastian said.

When he caught Amelia's uneasy expression, he gave her a reassuring small.

"Don't worry, Jules, is in there as well. Unfortunately this is where I leave you. Dodger's on the other side of the hall. I'll see you in a few hours. Try not to forget me in that small span of time," he said.

"You've made enough of an impression to last at least a few hours. Though you might be fading by the time I see you next," Amelia teased.

He gave her a mischievous smile and his eyes glinted with something devilish.

"I guess I'll have to remedy that when I see you next then," he said, carelessly.

"I guess so."

*************

A man in a suit, handed Amelia a wedding program and directed her down a winding set of stairs, to a billowing tent. Bright pastel colors and tailored suits sat patiently in the long rows of chairs. Amelia settled in a row with Sebastian's writers. Dodger appeared at the front of the tent by the tall, elderly man dressed in all black and holding a Bible. Silence settled on the group and music lifted and floated forth from speakers.

Amelia looked back and watched as bridesmaid and groomsmen, walked rhythmically down the aisle. A small smile pierced Amelia's face as Sebastian came into view, cutting a striking figure in his tailored tux. The girl on his arm could barely contain her ecstatic expression. Sebastian tossed Amelia a lazy, knowing smile as he passed, producing a rosy tint to her cheeks.