Chapter 6: Time Is Ticking

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Leon. This friendly conversation can't be for long" she turned her head away as a device on her started to beep.

"Ada I-" I was cut off as she jumped off the table and started to walk to the window.

"We have no chance getting to the base alive on the streets. I hate to admit this.. But we are going to have to take the sewers" she slowly lifted up a blind of a shop window.

                     YOUR P. O. V

It's raining... It's freezing and to top it off that freak called Lancis ...He definitely gets off by scaring me I swear..showing me some kind of virus waving a needle whilst leaving with laughter..but I'm still here. Still the same but cold and tired. How long has it been..5 hours? A day? How could I loose track of time so easily, and so quickly. What is Leon doing...I hope he is alive.. dammit (Y/N) stop thinking like this. I need to break free. I'm no good here being dead.

The door opens slightly then all the way. After my panicked mind eased a little girl stands there with an innocent look on her face. Some how. She looks creepy looking. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I mean. I can't move anyway.

"Hey there, what's your name?" I asked thinking it would actually be a bad idea to talk to her.

"Emma....who are you?" She replies with a curious manner

"I'm (Y/N)" The conversation seems okay....so far

"Are you Uncle's friend?" She looked shy...and for some reason... it's as if, she isn't apart of this wicked scheme of things.

"Not really... where are your parents?" I ask curiously

Hur..Uncle she said. That makes this different. But still I cannot help but to be drawn to this little girl. Now that the light outside the door is getting easier on my eyes I can see her pink dress, the dress looks warm out with a few rips and covered with dirt.
Now looking at her. She looks dirty, unhealthy and very young. Like 5 or 6 years old kind of young.

"They went with the angels and I ran away from foster home" she seems to be more at ease and walked inside, she then sat on the floor in front of me. Playing with what looks like a broken bracelet.

"Then the little man took me in but he isn't very good with people" she looks worriedly at me in chains

"Yeah I know that now." I gestured as I glance up and rattle the chains. If this kid is real, maybe she could help me escape. I feel bad using a kid like this but what other options have I got..

"Do you think you could help me out of these?"

"I don't think Uncle would be happy"

"Is he your uncle?" I'm starting to feel for this girl. My brain is saying do not trust after everything that has happened. But my heart.. my heart is saying help her

"No... he found me. He said if I called him uncle forever then his magic can bring my momma and pa back from the angels" putting her broken bracelet into her little top pocket she then bounces up onto her feet and smiles with determination.

"So he is my Uncle now until momma and pa are back!"

Oh god. My heart.. my heart aches for me to save this child. If I can get out with her... and find Leon.. maybe...maybe there is a chance for us all to get out of here.