ch. 23 saved

"okay, I'll wait outside" I tell Chris. He smiles and pays for the food. He's obviously drunk, so I'm going to drive myself home, since I had a few sips of my first glass of champagne. I stand outside, getting goosebumps from the chilly air. "hey there, sexy" A guy walks up to me, another guy leaning against the wall, wearing a top hat, staring blankly in front of him. I sigh softly, "Leave me alone" I say blankly. Then, Chris comes outside, barely able to stay on his feet. "Hey, leave my baby alone!" He  says, a hiccup following. I cross my arms, "Chris, we're not together, goddamnit!" I say, barely able to stay calm anymore. "You heard her, stupid! She's single! Which I can barely believe" The stranger says, trailing his fingers down my bare arm, "Keep your hands to yourself!" I snap at him. "Chris, have a good night" I want to walk away, but the guy tightly grips my arm, "Hey, go home with me, sweetheart" I get a little scared now, "No, let me go, you creep!" I try to jerk my arm out of his grip, but then suddenly, I hear a gunshot, and the man falls on his knees in front of me, having his eyes widened. I gasp loud, "Oh my god!" I yelp, looking around. many people look at me and surround the dead body with blood surrounding it. Chris pushes the people out of the way, "did you do that!?" He says angry. I shake my head, "No!" I put my hands up in surrender, "Look, I have no pockets, nothing in my hands" All the people look around and talk to each other, wondering how this could happen. Chris looks confused at me, "How the fuck!? Are you a witch!?" he grabs my upper arm, pulling  me with him to my car. I gulp, my breath shaking. Maybe that person will shoot me too if I don't watch out. "Chris, let me go home. You're drunk, you should go too!" I tell him. Chris shakes his head, "No, I deserve this!" He growls angry, turning me around and pushing me down on the hood of the car. I hear him zip down his pants behind me and feel him press me down on the car. I feel tears starting to form in my eyes, "Chris, don't do things you will regret!" My voice shakes, "Oh,  I won't regret this, beautifu-" He's being cut off by another gunshot. I don't hear him anymore, just his body falling down on the ground. I gulp and stand up, slowly turning around and looking behind me, seeing him laying there. I look around me, seeing someone standing there, under the street light with a top hat and a small gun, that's still letting out smoke from shooting a moment ago. I notice one small, pink mustache in the corner of my eye before I quickly step into my car and drive home. 

I pull up in Mark's driveway and bang my fists on the door, crying, afraid and in panic. I look behind me, checking if someone could be chasing me. Mark opens the door, "(Y/N)?" He notices my tears and sobbing. I hug him tightly, "Mark" I cry into his chest. He wraps his arms around me, stroking my hair and patting my back, "What's going on!?" He asks worried. Jack is sitting on the couch, looking up, "Is that (Y/N)?" he asks. "yeah" Mark answers, gently pulling me into the house and closing the front door. Mark and I stay like that for  a little while, until I calmed down a little bit. Mark puts his hands on my shoulders, gently pushing me off, "Come on, I just made tea. Tell us what happened" He tells me, walking to the kitchen. I nod once and sit down next to Jack, who is closing his laptop and laying it on the coffee table. When Mark sits down next to me, I take a deep breath. Mark lays his arm around me, "tell us" he says softly. I clear my throat and wipe my  tears, that are black from the mascara. "He was drunk, but we were done eating, so I waited for him outside so that he could pay" I explain, "Then there was this creepy guy who wanted me to come home with him" I start to cry more. "shh, easy now" Jack says, rubbing my back, "Just inhale through your nose, and out through your mouth" I remember that I used to say that to Marlyn. I trail off into my thoughts, thinking about her, feeling even more tears coming up, I remember her dead body and the pool of blood around her becoming bigger in front of my eyes. "Then what happened?" Jack asks, snapping me into reality. I gulp, "He pulled me with him, but...but he got shot" I tell them, burying my face into my hands.  Mark pulls me into his chest, making some hand gestures towards Jack which I don't see, "And then Chris came to me, asking if I did it, but I proved him I didn't have a  gun with me. And the he pulled me towards my car....and...and held me down on the h-hood...and pulled his pants down-" Mark cuts me off, "Oh my god did he-" "N-no" I cut him off again, "B-before he could pull up my dress...he...h-he got shot too..." I look at Mark, who is looking confused at Jack, and then at me. I looked on the street and saw a man...w-with a small gun...and a top hat...a-and a pink mustache...Mark I think I saw...Wilford" I wipe my tears away, thinking about it. 

Mark looks away, with a confused face, not really knowing what to think of it. "Isn't that nice?" Jack asks. "Well, Jack, (Y/N) recently broke up with Wilford because he became too possessive. though he protected her, so I don't really know if it was good or bad" Mark explains. Jack nods, "Well, (Y/N), you should take a nice warm shower, and go to bed." Jack tells me. I nod at him, "Thank you, guys" I stand up, leaving my tea untouched, which never happens, and walk upstairs. 

I grab a large shirt, and walk into the bathroom, taking the make-up off. I take a quick shower, and go to bed. Mark comes upstairs too after I just crawled under the sheets. He walks to his side of the bed, and pulls off his shirt and pants before laying down under the sheets. I turn around to face him, and smile shyly, "Thank you, Mark" I whisper. He breathes a chuckle, "No problem at all, (Y/N). You can stay here as long as you want to" He says, snuggling into he pillow, looking adorable. I smile, lift my head, and close my eyes as I place a gentle kiss on his lips. I lay down again, "Goodnight, Mark" I whisper.

"goodnight"