Ch. 3 his 'evil side'

And there I am again. I see him sitting there, on the bed. Mister Edward Fishbach. I notice something different on him. I lay down his document on a small table, and take a step closer to the window, trying to see him better. His hair is all messy, ruffled very roughly or something. I take a deep breath, grab tighter onto my clipboard, and decide to walk into the room. Mark looks up at me, smiling weakly. "How are you doing today, Mark?" I ask kindly. "Could've been better, doctor" he replies. I breathe a chuckle, "please, call me (Y/N)" I say. "Have you been in some kind of argument with somebody?" I ask, looking up at Mark's messy hair. Mark glances up at his hair and chuckles, "oh that, yeah...." he says while fixing his hair. "Well you know, they won't suddenly disappear, but I'm used to it" he says, having a little bit of a sad tone in his voice. "What do you talk about?" I ask, not even knowing who Mark is actually talking to. Mark sighs, "they talk a lot about you" he says. I feel a slight shade of pink on my cheeks. Mark is schizophrenic, so he must be thinking about me a lot, which is adorable. "What do they say?" I ask again, having my clipboard ready, wanting to write stuff down.

Mark clears his throat, "well....to keep it polite, they say you look beautiful and that you could do...em...." Mark avoids eye contact with me. I write down every word he says. "Continue....?" I simply say. "They think you are flexible and they could do...I-I mean you could do a l-lot with that" he slightly stutters. I raise one eyebrow while writing it down. "What exactly?" I ask confused. Mark huffs, "I don't think you want to know, doc- I mean (Y/N)" he says shyly. I chuckle, "hey Mark, just look at me as a good friend who you can tell and discuss everything with. Don't be ashamed" I smile sweetly at him. Mark scratches his neck, still not looking me in my eyes. "That's really kind of you, but I'd rather not tell what they're saying about you....it embarrasses me" he says. I nod and want to say something, but I'm being cut off by Mark whisper-yelling to himself, "just tell her, you pussy! let her know how welcome she is!" An angry voice whispers before Mark's angry expression turns into disgust, "no way in hell!! It's so embarrassing! Everything you all say! Shame on yourself!" He whispers in his normal voice. I quickly start to write down what is happening at the moment. "just tell her what we all think of her!" I look at up at the angry whispering. "no!" Mark whisper yells again. "If you won't do it, one of us sure will, you lame ass fuck up!" The angry voice whispers again before Mark looks up at me, "Maybe it's better that you go now" He says in his normal voice. I raise one eyebrow. "Why?" I simply ask, though I sort of already know.

Mark sighs frustrated. "Please, leave us alone" He says, looking at me with sadness written all over his face. I'm about to sit up, but I see an evil grin appear on Mark's face, "Leaving so soon, pretty thing?" He asks in a raspy tone. I quickly write down some things about his sudden changing. "what are you writing down, baby? are you writing about how handsome and sexy I am?" Mark asks again. I look up at him and shake my head, "Who are you?" I ask. The grin suddenly disappears and Mark's innocent normal face appears again, "P-please, leave. he's getting stronger" Mark slightly stutters. I quickly stand up, "We will talk later, okay?" I ask kindly, smiling at him, with my mind totally blown. Mark quickly nods, "of course, doctor sexy" The grin has appeared again. I gulp and quickly walk to the door, walking out and closing it behind me. I look at Mark through the window, and see his mouth moving. He's talking to himself with an angry and evil side of him. 'Damn, I forgot to ask the name' I think to myself while looking how Mark's face changes from angry to innocent and worried, and back to angry. I walk back to my office after closing the heavy door behind me. I sit behind my desk and think about Mark. I haven't really worked with schizophrenic people before. I mean I have met some, but they were different. I remember what Marlyn said. She was talking about an evil spirit. negative energy. She probably meant Mark, but then again, Marlyn is quite paranormal. She knows very much about people. Even people she doesn't even see. But she said Mark was the negative energy. Would it be the person I saw today?

I wait for half an hour before I return to Mark, having my clipboard and pen ready. I don't look through the window first, I walk straight into the room, and make sure I close the door behind me. I notice Mark wearing a white tie. I remember something in Mark's description about a white tie, but I don't really remember what it was. Though I know it was something bad, so I should watch out.

Mark's head shoots up and a seductive grin immediately cracks on his lips. I sit at the table for two persons, across from the grinning Mark. "hello again, doctor sexy" He says. I recognize the raspy voice from before. I slightly narrow my eyes, "Who are you?" I ask, knowing this can't be Mark. The man in front of me chuckles amused, "I would literally kill to taste your blood...to see you begging for me to let you live..." Mark licks his lips, looking down at my chest area. I gulp and quickly act like I write something down, just to look away from this scary person. I hear amused chuckles coming from him. "I know you're not writing down a thing, pretty girl" he says. I look up at him, "Who are you" I ask blankly. The man rolls his eyes, "That's not important, baby. What is important, is who are you?" he asks. I raise one eyebrow. "Your name, sexy." He says blankly. "Just call me doctor" I simply say to him.

I remember telling Mark my name, so he should know my name, right? Or did he forget my name and is now trying to get my name again. Because that would be quite smart.

Mark chuckles amused again, "Are we gonna be like that?" He asks before slamming his fists on the table and standing up, making me jump a little in my seat. He looks down at me with a blank face. Suddenly, he yanks me from my chair and pins me to the wall, studying my face. I feel his breath in my neck, "Are you afraid?" He asks softly, almost whispering. I whimper slightly, "no..." I reply blankly, earning amused chuckles from this 'evil side' of Mark. "oh, doctor...you don't know half how much you amuse me." he says softly into my ear again. I shiver slightly, struggling to get free. I feel his grip on my upper arms get even tighter. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you all that much" He chuckles wickedly. "L-let me go" I whimper.

Mark's grin slowly disappears. His eyes widen. He backs up and looks down at the white tie around his neck. He quickly pulls it off and throws it across the room. "oh my goodness, doctor I'm so sorry. But I warned you! But you should be able to control me, you fool! I can't! I don't know how! Ohh, you weak man! Just stop trying already!! Let us out, you loser!" Mark argues probably with his dark side.

He suddenly looks up at me. "Please go, and don't come back today, okay?" He asks worried, his breath shaking. I nod, and calmly walk over to the door. I walk to my office and try to figure out a way to get to Mark, and tell him that this is all in his head.

But I'll get to that tomorrow.