ch. 22 'date'

"again, nice to finally have you back, doctor" Chris repeats once again. I nod, "Thanks again, Chris" I tell him, pulling off my doctors coat, getting ready to go home. Mark told me if I arrive, his friend Jack would already be there, so I could immediately meet him. I put the documents away and lock my office. Chris doesn't leave my side as I walk through the halls, "So, did you think about going out with me?" He asks impatiently. "Bye, Skyler! See you tomorrow!" I wave goodbye to my best friend and colleague who is walking by, "Goodbye, doc!" She smiles warmly at me. "Hey, (Y/N), I'm talking to-" I cut him off, and stop walking, "No, Chris, I haven't thought about it, because my answer is still no" I look at his eyes for a little while. Chris looks quite hurt at me, "I'm sorry" I say before walking on, towards the elevator. Chris quickly follows me in. I press the button and try to ignore him. "Why not? You don't have a boyfriend, right?" He asks. I sigh frustrated, thinking about Wilford and Mark, "No, but-" I'm being cut off by my own thoughts, and gulp. "but what?" Chris asks impatiently. "But I love someone already..." I say softly to myself. Chris sighs sad and soft, "Just one night out with me, just for dinner, that's all I'm asking for!" He begs. I step out of the elevator, followed by Chris. "Be at the restaurant on the corner at seven" I say blankly before turning around and walking out. Chris watches me walk away, a bright smile appearing on his face as he realizes that I technically said yes.

I drive to Mark's house, quite excited to meet Jack. Yesterday I searched on his YouTube channel, and saw he hair green hair, which made me chuckle, but it looked good on him. I step out of the car and knock on the front door, waiting for someone to open the door for me. "Hey, you must be (Y/N)!" He familiar Irish guy opens the door. I smile and nod once, "yes, and you are Jack?" I reach my hand out to him, but he pulls me into a hug, "Yeah! That's me" He steps aside to let me in. "How was work?" Mark asks who is sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap. I nod, "It was fun to see everyone again" I tell him. "Sounds like fun" Jack says, crashing on the couch next to Mark, "We never leave the house" he ruffles Mark's hair with his knuckles, chuckling. "ouch!!" Mark groans. I chuckle and pull off my shoes. "(Y/N), what do you wanna eat tonight?" He asks me. I sit down on a chair at the coffee table, "You two will eat together, I'm going on a date" I say with non excitement in my voice. Mark's head shoots up. "oh, who's the lucky one?" Jack asks. I chuckle, "Some guy from my work who has a crush on me" I tell them. Mark looks down at his laptop again, looking a little disappointed. "But I'm just going because he won't stop asking...I don't like him" I tell Jack, glancing at Mark in the corner of my eye. Jack nods, "Sure, you keep believing that, (Y/N)" He chuckles. I breathe a chuckle, "But I can cook something for you two, if you want..?" I ask politely. Mark shakes his head, "No, you get ready and relax, you worked hard today, Jack had a long trip, so I will be cooking" Mark walks to the kitchen and looks through the fridge and cabin to see if he has something to make for dinner. I look at Jack, who is shrugging at me. I grab my phone, but look up when I suddenly hear a very familiar phrase, "TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA LADDIES, my name is Jacksepticeye, and guess where I am!?" Jack records himself. "I'm at my niece's house" He turns the camera to me, making me chuckle, "No, Jack broke into Mark's house, together with me" I whisper yell to the camera. Jack chuckles, "Yeah, I'm finally in L-A after a long trip. Mark is cooking something for him and me, look there he is" Jack films Mark behind him in the kitchen and zooms in on his ass, "oohh, that ass" He says, making me laugh as Mark randomly starts twerking. Jack chuckles and records himself again, talking about what the plans are. I look at Mark in the kitchen, glancing with an adorable smile at me. I smile back at him and breathe a chuckle before looking back down on my phone.

I walk upstairs to get ready for my date where I'm so excited about. 'ugh, sigh' I look in the mirror, quickly fix some make up and put on a pretty dress and jewelry. Even though it's just Chris, I like to look pretty, who ever it is. 'What would Mark think of me when he sees me like this' I think, looking at myself in the flawless dress. I walk downstairs, and see Mark and Jack sitting at the table, eating. Mark stops moving when he sees me, having his mouth full of spaghetti. He drops his fork and scans my body. Jack first swallows his food and gently lays his knife and fork down next to his plate, "Wow, (Y/N), you look beautiful!" He says. I smile and spin once, "Thanks, Jack" I reply. "Whatcha think, Mark?" Jack asks. Mark quickly swallows his food, "Absolutely...breathtaking..." He says softly, barely audible for me. I chuckle, "Thank you, Mark" I thank him politely, grabbing my purse. "well, I see you guys later, I don't know what time I'll be home yet, but as soon as possible" I tell them, making Jack chuckle. Mark stays quiet, his eyes not leaving me. "hey, bro...? Earth to Mark!?" Jack snaps his fingers in front of Mark's eyes, making him snap back into reality. "It's not polite to stare at a lady like that" Jack says chic. Mark blinks a few times, "yeah, sorry. Have fun, (Y/N)" He says before continuing to eat. 'um...okay, Mark...a little strange....though adorable too' I wave at them and close the front door behind me. I step in the car and drive to the restaurant. I might be a little late, but I don't mind.

I park my car and step out of it. I walk to the restaurant, seeing Chris looking around and waiting impatiently on a sign of me. He's wearing a tuxedo, looking quite handsome, but still not my type. "Chris" I wave and smile at him. Chris looks at me, and jogs up to me, "(Y/N)! wow, you look stunning!!" He tells me, hooking his arm around mine. Together we walk into the restaurant, "table for the lovely couple?" A waiter says. I look at Chris, who is smirking at me, "yes, for me and my lovely girlfriend" he says. I roll my eyes away from him and follow the waiter to our table, "okay, you don't have to exaggerate" I whisper to him. He holds out a chair for me, ignoring what I said. I simply sit down at work with him, 'It's just one evening, (Y/N), you can do this. Just smile and nod sweetly, you're gonna make this without walking away' The waiter hands the both of us a menu, "Do you want something to drink?" I want to speak up, but Chris speaks before me, "Your best champagne" He says, "For the best woman in the world" Chris winks at me. I sigh softly, and flash the waiter a fake smile. "I still have to drive, Chris!" I say after the waiter walks away. Chris breathes a chuckle, "I can take you home, no problem" He tells me. "Or don't you trust me?" He asks with a sneaky grin. I shake my head, "Not when you look at me like that" I say. Chris chuckles, "don't worry," I smiles sweetly, "How long have I been working for you?" He asks, reminding me I can trust him. "yeah, you're right" I tell him before the waiter arrives with a bottle of champagne. He fills my glass first, and Chris's glass after. He wants to walk away, "eh, leave the bottle here" Chris commands. The waiter nods once, "As you wish, sir" He smiles, "I will be right back to write down your choices of food" He tells us. I nod once and look down at my menu, "Have you decided yet?" I ask. Chris nods and tells me his choice. I nod once, and read through the menu.

When the waiter arrives, he takes our orders and walks away with the menu's. I take a sip from my glass and see Chris staring at me, "what?" I ask sassy. Chris chuckles amused, "You look so beautiful, you know that, right?" he asks. "Yes, I know, and you're not going to get me, so stop giving me compliments, slime ball" I cross my arms. Chris sighs, "(Y/N), I know you don't love me, but can you at least make it a fun night for me, since I'm paying." I put a strand of hair behind my ear, 'He's paying...am I a hooker now!?' I look at him, "yeah, you're right, I'm sorry, and thanks" I flash a fake smile. Chris nods once and holds up his glass, "Cheers" He says. I clink our glasses together. "To us" Chris says. "To our friendship" I friend zone him with a cocky grin. Chris suddenly chugs his whole glass down and pours himself another glass. "If you're gonna drive me home, you're not gonna drink that much" I raise an eyebrow at him. Chris shakes his head, "No problem!"