10.{unsteady breath}

His face looks toward me, eyes fixated on the guitar resting in my arms. His eyebrows are furrowed in annoyance and his arms are crossed over his chest.

It's like the Shawn I got to know, even if it was only for what seemed to be a second, has transformed back into the dick his reputation brought him to be.

"Shawn, I-"

"you what? used my private things without permission? completely violated My personal privacy? thought youd mess around on my things and I wouldn't give a shit?" he snaps, his tone as bitter as a lemon.

"Shawn, I'm sorry." I tell him.

He walks over to me, latching his large fingers around the guitar neck and placing it into his closet.

"I'm so sorry shouldn't have-" he cuts me off again.

"no you shouldn't have." he spits.

"look im sorry." I say, confused as to why this is such a big deal.

He sits on his sofa, opposite me.

"Where were you?" I ask, looking at him in the eyes.

"None of your business." He snaps again.

"Your mom said you were-" he cuts me off.

"My mom doesn't know shit." He rests his elbows on each of his knees and clasps his hands together as he faces the ground his jaw clenched tight.

"Look, I have no idea what's made you so angry tonight-"

He gets up and walks over to his desk, sliding open the front drawer and reaching his hand in before pulling out a box of cigarettes, a large bottle of vodka and an old fashioned box of matches

"Shawn are you kidding me?" I ask, shocked at what I'm seeing.

He twists open the lid of the vodka bottle and pushes it to his lips, before gulping it. He places it onto the top of his desk.

He takes out one of the cigarettes and rubs a match against The side of the match box, lighting it before putting it up to his mouth and inhaling deeply, not letting the flame on the match go out.

He leans against the desk, the desk sliding backwards and the vodka bottle rocking gently, it sways and rocks before falling over, it's contents spilling all over the carpet.

"Shawn!" I shout, alarmed at the spilling alcohol, and he jumps, dropping the match which never stopped burning.

It cascades to the floor, onto the wet patch of alcohol and the flame catches on the carpet, what started to be a small flame evolving into an enormous fire.

The next thing I hear is the smoke alarm going crazy.

He looks at me, his eyes so wide it looks like he's seen a ghost.

The fire grows immensely, burning the carpet and leading to the door and before i know it his bedroom door is engulfed in flames.

My heart beats so loud and the smoke alarm harmonises with my unsteady breath.

"Shawn! What do we do?!" I cry, as I watch him desperately search around for an escape route. When he sees it his eye lock on the window.

He opens his bedroom window and my heart thumps out of my chest.

He gets out of the window and jumps over onto the tree that's branches curve up to the window.

"Jump!"He tells me, holding his arms out toward me.

I shake, watching his every move. I can feel the heat, against my neck, prying into me.

"Hannah what are you doing?!" He screams, holding his arms out. What used to be his gorgeous caramel eyes are now covered in fear.

I can see his family run out of the house and outside, eyes wide as they watch what's happening.

I heard it before I felt it, the loud crackling as the fire ran up my shoe, up my sock and to my leg.

I cry in pain and feel myself jumping, out into the cold air, into the outside, into his arms.

I shake, breathing heavily, excruciating pain consuming my leg. But i felt safe, in his arms.

***

A/n hey thank you guys so much for reading my story so far it really means a lot to me. We hit 230 reads and I couldn't be happier this is the most successful book I've written and I'm glad  you like it! X