I hate to say it, but Brooke's become a little clingy. Like not totally obsessive like that but she wants me to be with only her. Well I'm sure she has no problem with the guys, but she seems to not want me around Avery at all. It started with that look she gave her yesterday, then her little outburst earlier, and just now when I asked where she was. I'm pretty sure Avery didn't do anything to her but I still want to talk to her to make sure she's okay and it might give me some insight to what's going on.

I finally found a bar and stood in the incredibly long line to get drinks for everyone. Once I was able to get to the counter and order for everyone, I heard my name being called.

"Luke, you made it!" I turned to see Avery coming towards me in her bikini top and something wrapped around her waist. She looks beautiful without even trying.

"Hey." I smiled. "I was just getting drinks for everyone. Do you want something?" I asked as the guy slid me the bottles.

"Nah." She shook her head. "I don't drink."

I nodded and handed her two of the bottles so she could help me carry them as we headed back to the group. I should've known, with her situation with her dad and all, that she's probably not a drinker.

"Hey, uh, I need to talk to you." She said.

"So do I." I replied. Maybe we were already on the same page and wanted to talk about what I wanted to talk about. "You first."

"I've been talking to Ashton and he doesn't really like how close we are. It's not like he wants us to stop being friends or anything 'cause I'd never let that happen but he thinks you're still acting like my boyfriend. I guess what I'm saying it you've got to put a little distance between us. That means you can't always just show up to my house 'cause Ashton could be around and you can't climb through my window at night."

"Oh." That was all I could say. That's not what I expected her to say at all.

"I didn't offend you, did I?" She asked.

"Of course not." I shook my head. "I understand where he's coming from. If I was him, I'd probably be a little jealous too."

"Thank you." She smiled. "I just really want Ashton and I to work out, ya know? I've liked him for so long that I don't want anything getting in the way of us. I'm not saying you're in the way or anything, though, so please don't take it that way."

"I understand." I nodded, my heart sinking a little.

"So what did you want to say?" She asked.

"Never mind, it's not important anymore." I shook my head.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

There's no point in being concerned since I won't be spending as much time with her anymore. Apparently her boyfriend is more important than our friendship. Listen to me, I sound like a jealous fuck right now.

We got back to the group and handed everyone their drink. Ash put his arm around her and kissed the side of her head. I looked away and focused my attention on the waves in the distance as they talked and joked around.

"Who's up for some volleyball?" Cal suggested.

Everyone agreed and we split into teams of three; Brooke, Michael, and I on one and Avery, Ashton, and Calum on the other. Once we were all set, the game began.