"I don't have a home," she sniffed. "I was kicked out..."

"Man that sucks."

"...So just, leave me here, I'll live like a little worm. The little worm I am," and she cried once again.

Adrien groaned silently, why did this type of things had to happen to him?

"Alright, I'll leave you here, little worm. Just, give me my coat back."

Marinette sniffed once again as she stood up, her face dusted and wet from the tears. She used the back of her wrist to rub at her face, not realizing that she had stained the coat's sleeve. Before she had the chance to take it off, the male had already grabbed her hand to lead her god knows where.

"I can't leave you here--" Adrien started.

"Thank you," Marinette felt a small flutter of the chest as a light blush crept up her cheeks.

"--until you pay back what you drunk."

The flutter was gone and her face was as pale as ever, along with a bitter expression.

"Have I ever told you how much of an asshole you are?" Marinette barked, squeezing his hand annoyingly as painfully as she could.

"Well, this asshole might just as well be saving your life. Need I remind you, you have nowhere to go."

"I really want to break your face now, Arthur," Marinette came to a halt while raising her fist, instead, she lost her balance.

He caught her by the wrist, however, and noticed that behind that harsh façade her eyes were coated in tears. Just how far had he gone? He wished to apologise but the words simply would not leave his mouth.

"Yah, Arthur, what are you- ah!"

"It's Adrien," he sighed at the end, picked up her suitcase, and continued down the road.

"Yah! Set me down!"

The girl hit his back with one hand. The other had been secured from the beginning so that she wouldn't fall from his back, her legs dangling beside his walking limbs.

Eventually, her complaints and cries died down, and she set her forehead on his shoulder.

"Arthur-"

"Adrien."

"Adrien," she groaned. "My heart hurts."

"You mean your head," he replied with a hum. "And it should, you drank a fair amount."

"No, I mean my heart," her voice cracked as she shook her head, and he stopped for a second. "This foolish, reckless heart that-- Adrien, put me down."

"What?"

"Put me down. Now."

"Are you o-"

"Bah," the male was cut off as the girl crouched down near a tree and vomited.

"As expected, she drank a little too much," he thought. His eyes rounded, "Wait."

"Hey, don't smudge it..." he sighed and rubbed his face tiredly as her face snapped back and she whipped her mouth with the sleeve. "...On my coat."

"Sorry," she replied sheepishly as she hoped on his back when he crouched lightly.

"That's gonna cost you too," he stated.

"You're an asshole," she repeated and he hummed uninterested. "But a sweet asshole."

"My, it's grand the honor to be granted with such tittle by such a lovely lady."

"You know what, I take it back," she said, and he chuckled.