"It's only filthy because it's filled with your species that possess a stinky attitude,"

"Now who's the one with a fucking dirty mouth?" She almost shouted as she took out her rapier and pointed in to a shocked Jin. He held his hands up and smiled.

"Feisty. Nah, save the killing for the future. We got a patrol to do," he ignored the furious girl and went into the stable. She groaned in annoyance, but followed his steps after a while. Jin stopped in front of a majestic looking palomino American Quarter stallion.

"That's a handsome horse for an ugly owner," Saejin remarked flatly. The angel was obviously offended when he snapped to the smugly smiling demon.

"Then show me yours," he growled. Casually, she walked over to an elegant black Andalusian mare and patted her head. She turned to the boy. He shrugged.

"Unfortunately she's as short as her owner," he laughed and went away. Her eyes went wide and she clenched her fists in rage.

"Piece of crap," she mumbled. They eventually managed to start their patrol after saddling up the horses and getting over their fights that managed to pop up every minute. They needed to keep watch outside of the school compound since the inside was guarded by the Student Council and Disciplinary Committee. Collegium Magicus was situated in the heart of Ylist Woods, so the outside world of it was nothing but towering trees.

Saejin and Jin kept watchful eyes over their surrounding, ever ready for anyone or anything. In a vast forest, anything was possible. For hours, there was nothing unusual happening, so the two relaxed. Jin glanced at the quiet demon. Maybe a chat or two won't bite, he thought to himself.

"What changed your mind about not coming tonight? I clearly heard you back in school," he began the conversation. She was taken aback by his sudden question. Shrugging, she just went with it. She didn't feel like killing anyone tonight too.

"Why would it matter? I'm here, that's more than enough," she murmured. He curved a small smile.

"Don't tell me it's because of me?" He chuckled. The demon turned to him and made a disgusted face.

"Ewwww! Hell no! I'm...it's because of Chaeyoung," her voice lowered at the confession.

"Why?"

"When Mr. Im told us about the owners of the weapon, I couldn't help thinking about my own organization. Even if I highly doubt they would do anything to my friends, they're still a suspect,"

"So it's because of guilt?"

"Seems like that. I feel terrible for Chae," Saejin lowered her head. The angel fixed his gaze at his partner. He smiled a bit. The soft side of the demon was something new to him, and it was actually very pleasing. Maybe they weren't really bad, his smile widened as he thought about that.

"You know, I was thinking..."

Jin couldn't finish his sentence. A deer suddenly ran passed them, startling the horses. He was fortunate to be able to hold tight on his Alexander, but Saejin, who was spacing out just now, lost her grip on the bridle and was thrown to the ground. She groaned in pain. He got down immediately and knelt down beside her.

"Pandora..." Her voice trailed off as she turned to look at the black mare speeding off into the distance after being startled. He held her shoulders and told her to sit down. Turning to Alexander, he patted his head gently.

"Go find your friend and bring her here, okay?" He said softly. The demon was amazed when the stallion began to trot into the dark woods, in search for Pandora. He knelt beside her again and looked at her wounds.

"Some scratches here and there. Did you hit your head?" He faced her. She shook her head slowly, still trying to recover from the shock.

"But your wrist and ankle are bruised. Try turning it,"

"It hurts..." She winced. Without any further thinking, he carried her bridal style to the nearest enormous tree. She blushed furiously.

"Let me down!"

"Shut up, you can't walk," his voice was stern but there was a hidden gentleness to it. Saejin pouted. She was embarassed. To fall in front of her enemy was something very unpleasing. He put her down so that she could lean on the tree trunk, and sat next to her.

"I don't know how to use healing magic like V or Jungkook, so we're going to rest for awhile," he said softly. After that, he began to tend on her scratches by wiping off the blood with his small handkerchief. She was tongue-tied at his actions.

"Alexander...understands what you said?" She asked. His attention was still on her wounds as he answered.

"One of V's power—Heaven's Blessing—allow him to communicate with animals. Alexander was their target when he tried to fuse his power with Jungkook's magic. I was ticked off at first, but then it turns out to be great," he grinned. There was a moment of silence before the demon spoke up again.

"Why do you help me?"

"Why? Since when am I forbidden to do so?" He looked up at her puzzled face.

"I mean... I was trying to kill you, and your friends. You hate me, so you should have laugh at my face and let me stand up on my own. Or worse,"

"Apparently, my angel's nature don't think that way. Even if I hate you, it doesn't mean I have to let you bear the pain by yourself or wish you'll die or something. We're still patrol partners," he smiled sweetly. Saejin blushed lightly at the warm explanation. Their chit-chat was interrupted by Alexander neighing, with Pandora by his side.

"Oh, they're here. Good job, buddy!" He stood up and patted his head. Alexander nuzzled softly to him. Pandora bowed her head and neighed softly at the pouting girl. Jin chuckled.

"She says sorry," he translated.

"Wow, you can understand her now?"

"Nope. Alexander do that to me sometimes. Now, shall we head back? But you'll have to ride with me because of those wounds," he smirked. She folded her arms and turned her face away.

"Hmph! I'm still going to kill you, you know?" She glared at the laughing angel.

"Yeah, sure. I'm honoured to have my head cut off by your rapier, Massacre, Call of the Shadows," he mocked and held out his hand to help her get up Alexander. She gritted her teeth in anger.

"You..."

"Oh, Alexander's really tall. You think you can do it?" He teased her again. Her face was red now, a mix of rage and embarassment.

"FUCK YOU KIM SEOKJIN!"