Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

It was a perfect night to just jump through the sturdy tree trunks and just enjoy life. The cool, fresh air hit my skin as I swiftly jumped from tree to tree, dodging a few squirrels here and there, and doing some back flips as pure happiness coursed my veins. She. . . likes me! My soul mate, the love of my life that I have been waiting more than two thousand years to find likes me back. No you dumbass she said she has a CRUSH on you, get it right. Ugh, shut up brain don't ruin my happiness! You have no idea how happy I am right now. I jumped off the tree and landed on the ground with a thud, quickly regaining my balance again and running full speed. 

"Yes! Yes! She likes me!" I fist pumped in the air and started doing all these somersaults and handsprings out of pure joy. After my last somersault I landed on my hands and propelled myself back on top of a branch and jumped my way home. My mind was collaged with Camila's beautiful face and the meire possibility that I can finally call her mine. I still can't believe that she is attracted to me. Don't get me wrong I know I'm a sexy ass vampire, but I have my insecurities as well. We aren't made up of stone you know.

Two more minutes of jumping and I finally caught sight of my house. In case you were wondering, no I wasn't going to my cabin, I was actually going to my real house. I need to find out if my father found out about my forbidden communication with Camila. If anything I'll know now instead of being anxious and worrying it about it in the future. Well you know what they say, "For every action there's a consequence", I just hope my consequence doesn't happen soon. I can't lose Camila. I won't allow my fathers stupid guards to lay one finger on my mate nor me. They have another thing coming if they think they can control me so easily. I'm Celeste Lauren Vincent Jauregui princess of the Vincent Kingdom and no one messes with me. I'll have their heads cut off personally if they even touch or hurt my Camz in any way. The thought of those creatures filthy hands all over Camila enraged me more than I ever thought possible. I could feel myself start transforming as my anger got the best of my mentality and lead me to reach my breaking point. In one swift motion I jumped to the ground and bolted to a tree a few miles away from me. My insides felt like a burning hot volcano ready to erupt and release all of the anger it stored deep in its stomach. My mind started to have a power of its own as it started to imagine the horrifying images of my father's guards holding Camila like a prisoner with her hands cuffed behind her back. Her petite body pushing and squirming to get free, but obviously to no avail with a vampire holding her. The bastard was holding her by the waist and shaking her as an attempt to get her to stop fighting. My mind kept feeding me all the awful cinema causing my anger to rise and my speed to increase.

"Stop it!" I yelled before my fist collided with the hard surface of the tree passing through it until it reached the cool brisk air on the other side. All my anger quickly vanished as I made contact through the thick barrier. That felt SO good. I moved my fingers in and out of a fist position, while I took deep breaths to calm myself down. My hand hurt but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Once I felt my anger entirely gone I pulled my hand out of the tree, and started rubbing it to get some feeling back. A few moments after, I heard a breaking sound, and then it was followed by a loud thump. I turned around at the sudden sounds and saw the tree on the floor; guess I don't know my own strengths. Damn poor tree. I just killed a tree no!

"Guess I have to work on my anger issues a little bit more." I mumbled to myself.

"Oh yes you do Laur." 

LaurOnly one person calls me by that nickname, and that's the most important guy in my life. I turned around and faced my cheeky little brother.

"Harry!" 

"Laur!" I ran to him at lighting speed causing both of us to fall and roll on the ground. Harry perfectly fits the definition of an annoying, crazy little brother, but he is still the best brother a sister could have and I love him so much.