Chapter 5

Camila's POV

"You what?"

"I'm going to go to school with you. Listen Camila I'm not going to allow you to get hurt by those people anymore, that why I'm going to enroll as a student today." She said nonchalantly. I waited for her to laugh and say she was just joking, but she never did. She couldn't be serious. I kept my eyes on hers waiting for any sign of change. I mean I just don't know what to say. What would happen? Will life at school change for the better or will it get worse? Not to mention that she is a freaking vampire for crying out loud! Who knows what her true power consist of. If she does go she'll see The Popular Crew live in the flesh, and it's clear that she doesn't like them already so who knows what might break out of that. I've seen her go full blown vampire in my dreams but never with my own eyes. "Don't worry about it Camz I won't do anything out of proportion. It's not like I'm going to suck every ones blood or something. But I will tell you this, if those good for nothing human beings ever come near you or hurt you in the slightest way I will be there to protect you. I won't go 'full blown vampire' on them but I will definitely make my point across." I forgot that she can read minds. I felt little butterflies roam my stomach and my face heat up a bit, not only was I embarrassed that she heard my thoughts but of what she just said. There was so much sincerity and care behind her voice. Not only that but her green eyes displayed so many emotions that I couldn't decipher. I cracked a small smile and nodded my head.

"Ok Lolo I believe you. Just try not to get so much attention please, I don't really like the spotlight. And thanks for caring so much about me. Only my family has really thought about me this much. I know we only met yesterday but I feel like I've known you longer, as strange as that sounds. And also be prepared because school isn't that easy." I said and mentally smacked myself for saying so many things at once. She gave me one of her breathing smiles and giggled. Wait, vampires giggle?! Of course you idiot! Be quiet conscience!

"It's my pleasure Camila. And don't forget, I am a supernatural human being. But don't worry I won't do anything crazy. And who said I actually wanted an education? I just want to be by your side as much as I can, and if that involves going to school then be it. Plus, I have a little talking to do with those moronic humans that hurt you. No one messes with my mate and expects to get away with it." I let her nice raspy voice flow through my ears as I processed what she said. I couldn't help but laugh a little at her name to the Popular Crew, I mean they were stupid. But then it faded as the word mate started floating in my head. I just don't know what to say to that. I mean I've never never had a boyfriend or girlfriend before so I don't really know how this goes. "Don't worry about the whole mate thing Camz, I know it's a lot to take in, but I just had to tell you I'm sorry. I promise I'll explain it more to you later." She said a bit worried.

"It's ok Lolo. I mean, yeah I'm a bit shaky on it but I'll understand it eventually. And good because I have a lot of questions to ask you."

"Sure thing." And with that she was out of sight. Oh god not this again. A breeze hit my face and suddenly my homework was gone. I got up and tried finding the little vampire prankster, but all I saw was an empty cabin.

"Lauren come on I need to finish my homework!" I yelled. Then I heard giggles coming from the ceiling. I looked up and saw Lauren standing on the ceiling with my books in her hands. STANDING!

"What the.." I mumbled while backing away from the giggling black headed girl and taking a better look at her. Now she was just full on laughing at my surprised facial expression.

"Come on Lolo I need to do my homework. Give me my books!" I tried jumping to her but I didn't even come close to her. She just started laughing harder at my wake attempt to reach her. I stomped my foot in frustration and looked around the room for something to through at her. Hmmm . . . marker? No. Textbook? Too heavy. Pretzel? Leave that for later. Shoe? Perfect! I quickly ran, picked up the shoe, and threw it at her. But it ended up hitting the ceiling were her body used to be. Where she go now?!