Chapter 1: Beacon Hills

"Here's your schedule and welcome to Beacon Hills High School," the secretary said, smiling.

"Thank you," Elizabeth said, grabbing the papers from her with a nod.

She walked out of the administration office and down the hallway to her first class. Elizabeth slowly opened the door as everyone looked at her.

"Yes? May I help you?" the teacher stood and looked at her.

Elizabeth looked down at her papers. "Are you Mr. Harris?"

"Yes, and you are?" he asked, staring at her.

"I'm Elizabeth. Elizabeth Gray, but I prefer Liz. I'm a new student," she said, hands shaking.

"Ah, well welcome, Liz. You can take a seat back behind, hmm, Mr. McCall," he said, pointing out a young boy with brown hair.

The McCall boy raised his hand, helping Liz better navigate to her seat. She scooted through the aisles, nearly knocking off the papers of the boy sitting next to McCall. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Liz whispered, leaning down to pick up his papers.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled at her.

She took her seat and quickly covered her red face of embarrassment. The McCall boy suddenly turned around. "I'm Scott," he said, holding his hand out.

She shook his hand. "Liz. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. Welcome to Beacon Hills," he said before turning back around.

Liz entered the class with only about 30 minutes left in it, so it went by fairly quickly. As the bell rang throughout the building, she picked up her things and began walking out the room, down to the cafeteria for lunch. The classes in Beacon Hills last for an hour and a half, unfortunately, so by the time second period was over, it was time for lunch.

"Hey, Liz!" She turned around to see Scott, and the quirky boy who sat next to him, running up behind her.

She slowed herself down to let them catch up. "Hi," Liz responded nervously.

"Hey, we were wondering if you'd wanna eat lunch with us? We've got some friends of ours that we think would love you!" Scott exclaimed.

"Sure, why not?" she smiled. "But it would be nice to know your friend here's name."

"I'm Stiles," he smiled.

"Nice to meet you," Liz said, returning the smile.

The three of them grabbed their lunch and sat at a table where two girls and another guy were waiting already.

"Guys, this is Elizab-- I mean Liz. She's new here. Liz, this is Allison, Lydia, and Isaac," Scott said, pointing them all out.

"Hey," they said in unison.

"Hi, nice to meet you guys," Liz said, trying to be sweet. After all, she was intruding on their lunch circle.

"So, where'd you move from?" Lydia asked.

"Up north. My parents were tired of the cold so they came here," she forced out a laugh.

"Well, the weather is always pretty nice here," Allison smiled.

"So I can tell," Liz replied.

A few minutes of small chat came over the group, then Scott and Isaac's attention turned to the doors that had opened wide. Two boys, twins, came walking through. Isaac was tense. You could see it in his eyes. Scott looked as if he was going to kill them. The twins seated themselves at the table directly in front of them, glaring at Scott.. Scott clenched his fists together. "Hey, Scott man, you okay?" Stiles asked.