Name--Book of Orphans

They were all orphans.  Every single one of them.  No one could remember their own names because no one had ever called them by their names.  Now, they picked any name they wanted for any reason whatsoever.  If the name no longer fit, they chose a new one.

Jane was a brunette that was tall, but only barely.  She picked her name because of Jane Austen, her favorite writer.  It also stemmed from, as far as everyone else was concerned, the fact that she was almost completely unremarkable, a plain Jane.

Lyric had her name from her guitar.  She hardly ever spoke and when she did, it was usually monosyllabic.  Unlike most of the others, she had been orphaned later in life by her own doing. Even when she did manage to speak about something sensitive, she had never explained what had happened and everyone respected the silence.  She had not chosen her own name but had been awarded it due to her music.  She tried her hardest to blend in with her surroundings; she had long black hair always in a ponytail and baggy clothing. Only once had anyone seen her in a skirt.

Ozzy was shorter than Jane--a fact that irked him to no end.  His name was chosen because he was a history buff and Lee Harvey Oslwald killed President Lincoln.  He had dark hair, just like his namesake.  If his parents had not been killed while he was in elementary school, he could have been a genius but instead he was narrowly avoiding living on the streets.  For now, he was working at a grocery store.

Archer was going to be a soccer pro, at least that was what he told everyone.  He was young when he was orphaned but still had fond memories of his parents.  He had the crisp tan of South America and hair that he preferred to keep short but was usually lank around his face.  He even spoke with the faintest of accents, despite moving to the orphanage before his eighth birthday.

Occasionally they would meet up with someone else, sometimes from the orphanage, other times not. They lived in a series of abandoned houses.  Jane would find them in different parts of town.  They never lived in the rich area, at least not for more than a few days.  Now Jane, Archer and Lyric were at the end of a cul-de-sac in a fancy trailer.  It had been built almost ten years ago but the owners had moved out a month ago.  There were rooms enough for everyone, and an extra one for Ozzy, when he would show up.  Jane had moved them in less than a week after the original owners left.  Of couse, there wasn't much to move so within a few hours, everyone was settled. 

So, yes, I did get this idea from the song "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls, let me know what you thinkI'm not really sure where I would be going with this but mostly hanging out and finding out about Lyric's background (believe me, her background is pretty awesome but would have major spoilers.)