Chapter 21

I freeze. My eyes lock with Nate's, who's also frozen in his spot. I take deep breath and turn around and like in slow motion I take in the sight of the reasons I ran away. Mom looks exactly the same as when I left, dad looks a bit tired, and Carson looks a bit bulkier while sporting his signature smirk, as always.

"First of all, who I sleep with is none of your concerns, secondly, opponent? You mean friend, I honestly thought you knew the difference but I guess I was wrong," I raise my eyebrows at mom.

"Don't raise your voice at mom like that, show some respect," Carson butts in and I roll my eyes.

"I'll show respect when she respects me and my opinions, which will never happen so...."

"Actually, I do respect you," mom says and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh, since when? Cause last time I checked you hated me, you have told me multiple times that I was a mistake, and that it has only been more evident during the years," my voice is dripping of venom.

"I have never said that! How can you accuse me of something so horrible?" She looks taken aback of what I said.

"Oh, you mean that, and I quote, 'your view is just as wrong as it was of me and your dad to not do an abortion when we realized I was pregnant with you' was not something you said to me a week before I left, and hundreds of times before that? Can you look me in the eyes and tell me that it is just something I made up? Oh, wait, of course you can since you have never cared for me anyways, you can lie me straight up in my face, without any tiny, little sign of remorse, can't you?" I ask her, my voice full of emotion, anger, sadness and so much more, but apparently it doesn't affect her at all, because she doesn't even blink.

"Now, now you are just making things up, for the attention of him, I'm guessing," she nods at Zach.

"Now, why in the world would I want to make up a story to how my parents have always hated me, to make a guy like me? You must be one brick short of a full load...," I exclaim.

"Take that back now!"

"No, I can't do that." Carson moves forward, raising his hand, to slap me, I'm assuming, but he doesn't have a chance to do anything because both Zach, Cam and Nate moves in front of me. He charges at them, trying to get through to me but he doesn't succeed. Which is good for him, I guess, since it would be three guys his size, plus me, against him.

"Let me get to her or you won't see the sun tomorrow," his threat has no effect on them, they know he will not be able to carry it out.

"And what would you do when you get to her? Hurt her, like you've done a million times before? I can't let you do that, she means too much to me, and you don't, so I'm not going to listen you, and that is entirely your fault," you can feel the anger radiating from Nate.

"It's not my fault that I had to hurt her, if she would just have liked me more than you, like the same things as me and supported my team, instead of yours I wouldn't have had to hurt her. We could have been a happy family, you know, if you two wouldn't have been such anomalies in our family, so I would say it is all your own fault," he replies and I can't do anything but gape at him.

"You don't have the right to say that! If you, and the rest of our so called family would just have accepted us and our opinions it wouldn't be like this. We could have carried on like nothing was wrong," I butt in. Carson start explaining how important football and the Patriots are to our family and how we betrayed our whole family by not rooting for them.

"Seriously dude? You hate your little sister and brother just because their favorite team is not yours, because their favorite team is not yours, because it's not what your family have supported and played for for years? You hurt the people you are supposed to love no matter what for a reason like that? How can you do that? Football is extremely important to me but family has always been more important, and I could never hate them for a reason as lame as them supporting another team. I'd be sad, sure, but hate? No, never," Zach questions him. I think it actually made Carson think a bit, or at least it took him some time to answer.

"I have grown up with that, it has always been there that football is most important, and if someone doesn't support you, or help you achieve your goals, they aren't important, they aren't worthy of your time. And Nathan and Caroline know that, they grew up in the same way so they should have known what would happen if they didn't support the Patriots," so he is not going to admit he has done anything wrong why am I even surprised?

"Yeah, but look how great they turned out, nothing like you or your parents, so that is not a legit reason." Carson just roll his eyes and open his mouth to speak but Cam interrupts him.

"Okay, okay, people are staring and you can see that a fight is about to break out but we don't want that now, do we? Neither of us want to get suspended from playing, so let's not do this here. If you want a fight, you can do that later but not now, okay?" We sigh and glare at each other but does as he says and walk our different ways.

"Oh, and you should check on your priorities man, they seem to be in the wrong order," Cam gets the last word making Carson give him a glare that would put him six feet under, if looks could kill. He looks like he wants to punch him but dad puts a hand on his shoulder, steering him towards the locker rooms.

I tell Nate, Zach and Cam that we'll talk at home and walk away, to the parking lot where Elize, Chase, Zoey, Will, Alex and Sasha are waiting for me and take a deep breath, preparing the be bombarded with questions about what just went down.