Chapter 8

When I walk inside the school on Monday morning I'm greeted by the faces of at least half of the students. I ignore them as good as I can and make my way to my locker and then to the classroom of my first period, math, which I sadly don't have with anyone else from the group. I sit down in a seat and wait for the rest of the students to fill in. After about 5 minutes the first bell ring and some people show up and after 5 more minutes the rest show up, well except for Sam, I guess he's one of those persons that don't care if they're late or not. The teacher walk in and the lesson begin.

When lunch time finally roll around I make my way to the cafeteria and sit down next to my friends.
- Hey! I greet them.
- Hi! So what's the thing with everybody staring at you today? Zoey ask.
- Well, to be honest I'm not sure since nobody's talked to me but I guess it's a bout me and Nate being siblings, I answer.
- Yeah, that does sound likely, Alex agree and the rest of them nod.
- So did ya'll have a great weekend, because I know I did..., Sasha ask and we all "oooh".
- Really, tell me girl! Elize respond and we all look at Sasha.
- Well, at the club the other day I met this guy and we really hit it off so I gave him my number and so yesterday he texted me and we've been texting all the time since then. She explain.
- Tell us more, what does he look like, is he hot, cute, tall? How old is he, tell us everything you know, Zoey exclaim.
- Well, for starters, yes he's hot, like Channing Tatum kind of hot and yes he's tall and maybe 20 years old, it didn't really cross my mind to ask and-, someone cough and we all turn around to see who. It's the "Queen Bee" of the school, Angelina Edwards and she's looking directly at me.
- Why don't you sit with us popular, where you belong instead of with those scum bags? She ask me and I get really pissed.
- Oh, well, why didn't you ask a week ago, huh? You think I'm gonna abandon my friends just because you ask me to join the popular kids, and we all know you only asked me because Nate's my brother, I tell her and she look surprised.
- Well, first of all you should be honored I even asked you and second of all if you say no to me now, you will regret it, I promise, she reply and it's kinda cute how she think that she can intimidate me.
- First of all I'm not honored at all, more like offended and secondly, you don't intimidate me, more like you make me laugh at how pathetic you are, I laugh at her, stand up and walk out of the cafeteria.

The last bell rings and everyone are eager to get home. When I walk to my locker I talk a little with Elize, apparently they have this thing where they hangout every Friday night and this week they're planning on either going to a rave or just hanging out at Sasha's, watching movies, eating pizza and just doing random stuff.
- So since you're now part of our group you get to "vote" too, so what would you like to do? Party or friendly hangout? She ask me and I think a little.
- Well, I don't really know, I mean I love to party but on the other hand a day with movies and pizza doesn't sound too bad either. But if I have to choose I guess I'll go with the rave, since we can hangout at someone's place anytime but we can't go to a rave whenever we want.
- Yeah, I guess you're right and since you're the last on to give your vote, it's now decided, she tells me.
- Well, what? I ask.
- That's a secret until lunch to tomorrow, she smirk and I whine.
- Why?
- Because I the only one who knows and I want everyone to know at the same time, don't really know why, but I guess it's a little funnier that way, she shrugs and I sigh.
- Okay! We get to the parking lot.
- Well, see you tomorrow then!
- Yeah, bye! I wave at her and get inside my car.

I get home to an empty house, guess Nate have a practice or something. I grab an apple and start on my homework. After an hour or so I'm finally finished and Nate's still not home. Oh well, I decide to make dinner and if he's not home when I'm finished I'll text him. I go look in the fridge to decide on what I should do and after a minute or two I settle on "Flying Jacob", a Swedish dish that's like perfection when you taste it. So, after about 40 minutes I'm finished and there's still no Nate, so I text him, "When are you coming home? I made dinner... :)" and after two minutes I get a reply, "Sorry, I forgot to tell you but I'm at Zach's with the guys and I'll be late, don't really know when /so don't wait for me, and I ate with the guys but I'd love to eat your food some other time! :)". Well, guess I won't see him before I go to bed then. I eat my food, clean up in the kitchen and put the leftovers in the freezer. I check the time to see that it's only eight so I think, why not watch some Netflix?

About three hours and four episodes of Supernatural later I close my laptop and fall asleep five minutes later.

When I walk into the kitchen the next day I see a note taped to the counter: "Morning! By the time you're reading this I'm already at practice and after that me and some of the guys are hitting the gym and then we'll eat lunch and then I'm heading to Dallas for some thing and then I'm heading home. But it'll be pretty late so don't wait for me, and there's money on the counter for food! Love you! /Nate". Looks like I'll have another day alone, if I don't invite someone over, that is. Guess I'll ask the guys later.

I take my history book and a notebook out of my locker and suddenly someone bumps into the locker next to mine. I look up and see one of the "popular" guys smirking at me and I sigh, annoyed.
- What? I ask him.
- Well, since you're Young's sister you should definitely hang out with us populars instead of the losers you're hanging out with now, he shrugs like it's no big deal, like he doesn't care if he just insulted me and my friends. How dare he?
- First, I don't want to hang out with you because you're all jerks or sluts and second, don't you dare insult my friends again! I glare and point my finger at him but he still smirks.
- Well, too bad for you then because I won't stop with the "insulting" since I'm only pointing out the truth, and everybody knows it and don't you dare to tell me what to do or not because here, I have a lot more power than you and you wouldn't want to anger me, he push my hand away from his face and damn, he's got some temper.
- Well, I'm sorry but the "power" you have here doesn't mean anything to me and now I gotta go to class, bye! I wave and walk away.

Me and Elize are the first ones to the table and I decide to ask her about later.
- So, Nate's away for the whole day and it's boring to be alone all day, and my question is if you're doing anything or if you'd like to go to the mall or something?
- Sure, why not? Shall we ask them also? She nod her head to the rest of them and I smile.
- Yeah, sure, the more the merrier! We wait until the rest of them have sat down.
- So, me and Elize wonder if you'd like to go to the mall today after school?
- Sure!
- Of course!
- You honestly think I'd say no to that?
- Yeah girl! The last one are from Will, leave it to him to be that guy kind of guy.
- Good, then it's settled! How about we all meet there at, say half past four? They all nod and we have some small talk about the normal stuff, you know, like unicorns, mermaids and zombies. Just kidding, we talk about school, family and other random stuff. That is until Elize announce that it's deiced what we're gonna do on Friday.
- Finally, tell us! Sasha's eager to know.
- Well, we're going to, she makes a drum roll at the table, hang out at *dramatic pause* the rave! We all laugh at her and then we proceed to talk about what we're gonna do later.

At the mall we all bought some clothes and then we ate food and ice cream. After that we decided to go to the lake and take an evening bath, so that's what we're doing right now. I look around me and spot Chase a few feet away so I decide to scare him. I dive and swim under the water until I'm close enough to him and then I first blow on his leg which causes him to jump a little and then I repeat some times until put my hand on his legs and pull him under. And boy, does he scream! I quickly swim to the surface and laugh at him.
- You, he points at me, you're going to get it, some day I will get you back for this and then it'll be me laughing at you. I laugh at him.
- Oh, really! I think we'll see about that, hun. We continue to swim and after an hour or so we decide to head home since have school tomorrow.