Seventeen

~Emma~

"Okay, so Max and Pan are-"

"Yes in love." Regina finished with disgust.

"How?"

She sighed rolling her eyes, but began explaining Max's background.

"And that was also another reason why I enacted the curse. to get my daughter back."

"So you tricked her, captured her true love only to torture him, and then almost forcing her to marry a complete stranger." Mary-Margret said in disbelief. "No wonder why she was miserable after the curse was broken. She wanted to come back here."

"He is NOT her true love!" Regina yelled.

"That explains all the Disney posters in her room now. They were all Peter Pan." I laughed. "The boy that never grew up."

Regina glared at me.

"Emma not helping." my mother advised.

"So what do we do now?" David asked. "Not kill Pan?"

Regina laughed.

"Oh no, we're defiantly killing him. He took both of my children away from me!"

"Regina, Pan and Max are in love! For all we know they could be each others true love!" Mary-Margret argued. "Just think about what killing him will do to her."

Regina bit her tongue.

"I'm sorry." my mother spoke "but you don't want her to go through what you went through do you?"

"No." Regina shook her head.

"Then lets figure this out." I offered. "We now know why Pan wanted Max, but now we need to figure out why he needs Henry."

~Henry~

"Wake up." Pan's voice yelled. " Catch."

He tossed a red apple in front of me as I was gaining back my vision from sleeping.

"I don't like apples." I mumbled.

"Who doesn't like apples?" he laughed.

"It's a family thing."

"Well don't worry, " he smirked kneeling down in front of me. "they're not for eating. It's for a kind of game, a really fun game. I call it target practice."

Pan lifted up what it seemed to be a crossbow and aimed it right between my eyes. He then stood up and walked over next to the burning fire.

"What's that?" I asked standing up and walking over to join Pan.

"Dream shade." he smiled dipping an arrow into a vile held out by one of the Lost Boys. "A nasty poison."

He grabbed the crossbow from one of the boys. "We have a story here about a man who once shot an apple off his son's head with an arrow. Let's find out if it's possible." he finished readying the arrow in the bow.

"If you're shooting at the apple then what's the poison for?"

"Motivation not to miss?" he offered making sure the weapon was loaded and ready.

"Felix!" Pan smiled "get over here!"

"Is Felix good? Is his aim good?" I stuttered nervously as Felix stood up from where he sat by the fire and stood next to Pan.

"Doesn't matter." Pan told me. I looked over to Felix who smiled widely.

"You're the one doing the shooting." Pan said handing me the crossbow.

"But-but I don't want to shot him." I said taking it from his hands.

Ignoring me Pan tossed Felix the apple and Felix began backing away as the surrounding Lost Boys began chanting 'shoot, shoot, shoot' around me. Felix placed the apple on the top of his head.

"You won't hit him." Pan encouraged. "Trust yourself go on. It's exhilarating!"

Even both Pan and Felix joined in on the chanting until Pan raised a hand silencing them all. My heart pounded as I stared at Felix. I tried to pretend I was going to aim at the apple until the last moment I turned aiming at Pan only for him to catch the arrow just before it would go through him. I swallowed hard.

"told you it was exhilarating." he laughed walking towards me.

"Come on." he took the crossbow out of my hands and tossed it on the ground. "I have something to show you."

"Look at the fun they're having." he smiled as I stood next to him. "The thing with this place Henry is that no one ever tells you no. you can do whatever you want."

"They never hurt themselves?"

"Oh all the time. I once had four boys with missing fingers. Cost of the game and they didn't mind." he shrugged.

I don't belong here." I told him.

"Actually you do." Pan said his tone turning more serious. "We've been waiting for you a very long time Henry, long before you were even born."

"I don't believe that."

"You should." he laughed. "This place runs on imagination, on belief, but your world stopped believing. Magic is dying and you henry need to save it."

"In my world you mean?" I asked now confused.

Pan laughed again.

"In every world." he explained. "You need to bring it back, that's your destiny. to return the magic, to be the savoir!"

"My mom Emma is the savoir, not me."

"She broke some curse yeah." he scoffed. "Oh I know more than you think, but what if breaking the curse wasn't the thing that made her the savior? What if having you was? Think about it. You're the descendent from the greatest of light and of dark. What is it a coincidence that the spawn of the Dark One met your mother? You were created for a reason, and I can help you find it."

"So you think I'm supposed to save magic?" I asked him still in disbelief.

"I don't think." he told me. "I believe. Remember I said that I have something to show you."

He pulled something out of his back pocket.

"Here." he said showing me a folded up piece of paper. "I had this for a very long time. Long before you were even thought of. Take a look and you'll know why I'm so sure of you being the hero that magic has been waiting for."

I took the paper from his hands and he stood up walking away. I tossed it behind me.

"I don't believe you." I said stopping him in his tracks.

He scoffed.

"You remind me of your father." and then walked away leaving me alone.

Sometime passed before I looked back behind me. The paper was still there. Knowing that I was going to regret this I reached behind me and picked it up off the ground. In unrolled it and saw that it revealed a drawling or a picture of me, or at least someone that looked exactly like me.

A/N
HEY GUYS!!!!!!! I'm so sorry about the long wait. I've been so busy with school and swimming but I'm so happy that I was able to update! Hope you guys all enjoy!!
~loverunning19