Chapter 12: Obsessed

Will's POV

Why can't I get this girl out of my head?

I tossed and turned in these dusky grey bedsheets. I threw the navy blue comforter off my body and laid on my back staring at the ceiling, leaving my shirtless self and pants exposed.

I took a deep breath and tried to clear my mind, but it didn't work. All I can see is Ash's perfect face. I'm captivated by memories of her laugh, her sweet laugh. Visions of her happy expressions are playing in my head on repeat, preventing me from sleep.

It's been just over an hour since our last text, a little bit longer since I've seen her face. But for some reason I crave her company. I wish I was with her, holding her while she slept. But instead I'm here. Alone, restless, and yearning for her presence.

Why am I like this? I'm sure I'll get over it, be able to sleep in a little while. But just to be in this same situation the next day? This is stupid. Not me liking Ash, but the peculiarly strong urges I get to be with her when we're apart. It's like my hormones are high. Almost, as much as I'm embarrassed to admit... obsessed with her. But why? It's only a little crush...

After an hour of trying and failing to get some sleep I decided this wasn't gonna work. I swung my bare legs over the side of the bed and placed my feet on the cold hardwood floors. I turned to my bed stand and pulled my phone off the charger. 5 am? Ugh. This girl will be the death of me. I think I'm ok with that...

I sighed before setting my phone back down on the charger and stretching my back. I stood up, shifting my blood flow, causing me to feel slightly dizzy. When I caught my balance I strolled sleepily over to my suitcase where I unzipped the main compartment and found a random pair of gym shorts to slip on so I wasn't walking around the house in my underwear.

I stumbled over to my door, blame that on the lack of sleep, and turned the door handle. I lunged threw the door and made my way past the dark, silent hallway.

I tip-toed down the stairs that lead straight to the kitchen. I couldn't bother to eat breakfast so I instead went outside to get some fresh air. I closed the glass sliding door behind me and laid down on a patch of grass. I stared at the grey sky and watched as it transitioned into pinks and purples.

"Will?" Said a voice I knew all too well, even though it was slightly raspy due to the early hour.

I smiled then turned to lock my eyes with her.

"Hey, Ash." I grinned. "How'd you get in here?"

"Climbed the fence." She blushed. "Figured you wouldn't mind."

"Not at all." I smirked.

"What are you doing out here alone?" She asked walking over, sitting down next to me.

She ruffled my messy morning hair.

"I've never seen you without your hair done I don't think." She teased.

I blushed.

"What?" She giggled causing me to smirk.

"It's nothing." I murmured.

"Tell me." She insisted.

I looked her up and down. She was wearing a black tank top with grey shorts that went just past her butt. I smirked.

"I could say the same about you." She sasses. "Nice abs by the way."

I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"So you've looked?" I smirked.

Her cheeks burned red and she looked down in embarrassment.

"You... shut up." She blushed.